Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

dublb 07-09-2012 06:33 PM

Oh QE, Every time I see your FWS quilt, I fall in love w/it all over again.

QuiltE 07-09-2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5352230)
Oh QE, Every time I see your FWS quilt, I fall in love w/it all over again.

Thanks DublB ... it's currently hanging at the LQS .... one of the shops in the ten stop Shop Hop for the month of July. So many will get to enjoy it. We even created a contest ... guess the number of pieces in the quilt. The winner receives the Pony Club book!

dublb 07-09-2012 07:19 PM

Oh cool! A great contest & a great prize!

SheriR 07-10-2012 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5351712)
I am a control freak so these are tough for me to do but my first was from a signature swap here on the board. It took me over a week to get the arrangement finalized but I love how it turned out and it hangs in my living room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347865[/ATTACH]
This second is one I did for a co-workers daughter. The pattern screamed for scrappy but I will tell you - the little blocks were moved around on my design board numerous times over two weeks until I felt "balanced" enough to sew them into strips. She loves it and that is all that matters. :thumbup:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347866[/ATTACH]

DragonflyNana I'm so glad you posted these pictures. There's another signature swap in process. You quilt will inspire us all. http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t187647.html

Thank you. :D

PS. Your second quilt is beautiful.

auntjo 07-10-2012 07:29 AM

10 Attachment(s)
I'm catching up on this site after a years hiatus since my DH died and I went back to f/t teaching this past year. Gonna take this year to go thru my house getting ready for a downsize and getting back into my sewing room/studio and do some quilting and finishing of many UFO's. This thread has kept me in eye candy for the past couple days - of course that means I'm not getting anything else done either. But we DO have heat warnings for today & tomorrow for possible over 120 so this is the place to be & I'll add some of my scrappy creations I've managed to get pictures of in the age of web pages and digital cameras. One of the ones I'm trying to complete is the Farmers Wife which I worked on w/a group of ladies as BOM on this site starting a year ago October. Again, quit last year w/about 6 blocks to completion. I think it was by far the most fun as every block is distinctly different which makes it a real scrappy...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348011[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348013[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348015[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348016[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 07-10-2012 07:38 AM

A beautiful group of quilts, AuntJo! ... I see your FWS hiding in behind the stacked coins.
I was one of the late comers to the FWS, and you'll see my finished FWS just a few posts before yours, in this thread. The FWS threads are all still there and many are working on them ... some newcomers too. So come on back to those threads, and we'll all be there to cheer you on to the finish line!

I too lost my husband, several years ago ... and sewing has filled many hours of my changed life. Here's to you finding more sewing time this summer and a long time into the future.

CindyA 07-10-2012 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by luvspaper (Post 3861518)
Here are a few of mine....I have completed the first, but don't have a pic on this computer of it, I guess.

Gotta love little boys (see one sock on, one sock off, post #486). I miss when my boys were young. They're great now, too, of course!

Krystyna 07-10-2012 03:10 PM

AuntJo, condolences on your loss. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous scrappies!

VickiM 07-10-2012 05:31 PM

Auntjo...beautiful quiltshow you gave us! I'm especially drawn to the "trip around the world"...it just pops! I like the more simple quilts (I do alot of them myself) because I feel they let the fabric shine for itself. As for the more intricate ones, I know the work involved! Absolutely beautiful!!!

n2scraplvr 07-10-2012 05:57 PM

Love the quilts of Emlee, Dragonfly Nana, Jan's lovely florals(!) and AuntJo's fab QS!! Wow! What beauties they all are! Guess I'm partial to the House Quilt of AuntJo's. I've never seen such expert piecing as all of them were! Great job, ladies!! :thumbup: .....makes me want to go dig into the scrap bags!!! :o