Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 152 of 230 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2293

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

  1. #1511
    Super Member mcdaniel023's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    3,396
    Blog Entries
    3
    Welcome back AuntJo. Thanks for your quilt show. Those are some beautiful quilts.
    Happy Quilting.

  2. #1512
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    2,726
    Blog Entries
    9
    AuntJo, glad you are back with us. (Sending sympathy) And QuiltE..Your FWS is outstanding. What eye candy! Gorgeous!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

  3. #1513
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,658
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
    AuntJo, glad you are back with us. (Sending sympathy) And QuiltE..Your FWS is outstanding. What eye candy! Gorgeous!
    Thank you!
    The colours shown are pretty close to true, though they just don't have the dance in them, that you see IRL!
    If you'd like to see more FWS completed quilts, most of which are scrappy, as well as more shots of mine, please check out this thread ........
    The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page
    (Pics of my completed quilt start at post #203)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  4. #1514
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by auntjo View Post
    I'm catching up on this site after a years hiatus since my DH died and I went back to f/t teaching this past year. Gonna take this year to go thru my house getting ready for a downsize and getting back into my sewing room/studio and do some quilting and finishing of many UFO's. This thread has kept me in eye candy for the past couple days - of course that means I'm not getting anything else done either. But we DO have heat warnings for today & tomorrow for possible over 120 so this is the place to be & I'll add some of my scrappy creations I've managed to get pictures of in the age of web pages and digital cameras. One of the ones I'm trying to complete is the Farmers Wife which I worked on w/a group of ladies as BOM on this site starting a year ago October. Again, quit last year w/about 6 blocks to completion. I think it was by far the most fun as every block is distinctly different which makes it a real scrappy...

    Attachment 348006Attachment 348007Attachment 348008Attachment 348009Attachment 348010Attachment 348011Attachment 348012Attachment 348013Attachment 348015Attachment 348016
    They are beautiful! I can't pick a favorite! I had an Aunt Jody that we sometimes called Aunt Jo. I still miss her. I lost her in the fall o' '03, My Grandad in Feb of '05, My Dad & DFIL in March of '09. (MY DMIL has Alzhimer's so I've lost her too.) These losses are all wrapped up in each other. Someday I'll quit cryin'. I will say that buyin' my DGD's house has gone a long way in the healin' process! DGM sold it in '06 & I just bought it last month. It will be my "lake house"! I'm puttin' all o' DMIL's furniture there, so that is healin' too. I feel they are w/me there.

    Oops I see that I started ramblin' again. I'm so sorry.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

  5. #1515
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    8,369
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Thank you!
    The colours shown are pretty close to true, though they just don't have the dance in them, that you see IRL!
    If you'd like to see more FWS completed quilts, most of which are scrappy, as well as more shots of mine, please check out this thread ........
    The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page
    (Pics of my completed quilt start at post #203)
    Oh my goodness! I'm going to spend hours on that thread.
    Another one for my bucket list ... and since I just turned 60 I guess I'd better start taking better care of myself so I can get it all done!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  6. #1516
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Oh my goodness! I'm going to spend hours on that thread.
    Another one for my bucket list ... and since I just turned 60 I guess I'd better start taking better care of myself so I can get it all done!

    Oh yes Krystyna ... you should do a FWS!
    A block here and there and they soon add up .... and then you get possessed with it until you finish it right off! Post them on the FWS threads as you make them, and you'll get lots of cheers and support along the way!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  7. #1517
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    8,369
    Blog Entries
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Oh yes Krystyna ... you should do a FWS!
    A block here and there and they soon add up .... and then you get possessed with it until you finish it right off! Post them on the FWS threads as you make them, and you'll get lots of cheers and support along the way!
    Well, since I am on a fabric fast and intent on sewing through my considerable stash, this might be the project for me! Book recommendations?

    QuiltE yours is sooooo beautiful! They all are. Uh oh! A new obsession!
    Last edited by Krystyna; 07-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  8. #1518
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    13,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Well, since I am on a fabric fast and intent on sewing through my considerable stash, this might be the project for me! Book recommendations?

    QuiltE yours is sooooo beautiful! They all are. Uh oh! A new obsession!
    There's only one book ... The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird.

    You can order it from her on her site/blog.
    Some stores carry it and I know some purchased it thru Amazon, etc.

    If you're interested, Laurie offers a personalization if it's ordered from her.

    Or you might consider the FWS Pony Club Quilt also by Laurie ... or both! And remember, there's active followers to the threads for both of these quilts, so you're sure to have company along your journey(s).

    As for scrap buster ... the only new material I purchased was the sashing, cornerstones, borders and binding. Everything else I had, including backing material which I felt was as a good of a match/blend as any I would have purchased!

    So Krystyna .. order it up and start stitching!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  9. #1519
    Swap Hosts Krystyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    8,369
    Blog Entries
    23
    Just ordered it ... and now the Pony Club makes sense! I thought everyone was making quilts with ponies on them! DUH.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

  10. #1520
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    5,229
    Which one did ya order Kristina?? I'm doin' the PC, & yes some are puttin' ponies in their's. I chose a totally different theme for mine. Which ever book ya got, you're gonna have a great time makin' the quilt!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Page 152 of 230 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 151 152 153 162 202 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.