Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17

Thread: Shabby Chic OBW .... Tout Fini! :)

Quote Originally Posted by dublb View Post
    QE - Your LAQ did an awesome job! You got a winner there! Give her an extra pat on the back!
    No to worry ... I praise her endlessly and she knows how much I appreciate her work!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    Hi NickyLSF ... First of all, no credit on the quilting goes to me, rather my LAQ. We discussed it first and then went with an all over somewhat feathered design in a variegated thread. I looked for her expertise and guidance as to what would look best and as always, she nudged me in the right way! What I like is that it keeps the motion and not draw me to one particular spot or hex in the quilt.

There was a thread just in the last day or two as to how to quilt OBWs and some good suggestions. I'll see if I can find it and will put the link here too. Plus, I'll see if I can get some better pics of the actual quilting to post for you to see.

Do you have yours posted ... I'd love to see it.
    (and if you don't ... be sure to, and let me know the link!)
    THANKS!!!!!
    Hi Quilt E, I posted it here: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric and also as a new thread in Photos today. I will look for the thread you mentioned about quilting OBW's. Thanks for your help!!

Very pretty!
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf View Post
    Hi Quilt E, I posted it here: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric and also as a new thread in Photos today. I will look for the thread you mentioned about quilting OBW's. Thanks for your help!!
    Thanks! I already found your new thread and commented.
    Glad that someone found the other thread with ideas for you.
    There's a lot of good possibilities there, that from looking at your blog, I know they would not be a challenge for you!!

Contrary to what some have said, IMHO there are some detailed quilting designs that can work very effectively with a OBW. I'm sure you'll come up with a great way to enhance your already wonderful quilt.

Blog Entries
    It is beautiful. I love the color and remember wen you first posted this. Love your finishing. This idea needs a tutorial.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    It is beautiful. I love the color and remember wen you first posted this. Love your finishing. This idea needs a tutorial.
    peace
    Thanks UBe ... while not an official tutorial, I gave a word description about the how to earlier in this thread. I did the prototype candlemat and then did some more fiddling when I went to do the quilt itself.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17