Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I do it?

Blog Entries
    My stash is currently stored in tubs. It makes it really hard to figure out what I have and what looks good together. I need to make some changes.

Here is an option: I am a collector of salt & pepper shakers. I have most of them in a hutch in my kitchen. I'm considering packing my salt & pepper shakers up and using the space for fabric. Should I do it? Or just live in tubs?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Retire the S & P for awhile :)
    Tubs are a pain!

Do it. Your fabric will look great displayed. Maybe a shelf can be added somewhere for S & P shakers.

how about one of those shelving units with the very thin drawers or shelves? you could put it where your tubs are and then see your fabric easier and still have the salt and pepper shakers out. Or you could pack most salt and pepper shakers away, highlight a select few on top of the hutch and put the material in the hutch. Try that for a couple of months, and you change change which salt and pepper shakers are out every so often. See how you like that. It's not a permanent change.

It's always nice to make small changes. Pack the S&P's away and try the hutch. If you find you really like it you could look into buying a shelving unit for the fabric and then put the S&P's back in the hutch.

How about sorting by color and type...flannel, solids, novelty, etc. Take a photo or 2 and put it on the front of the bin with a label. Just a thought???

just had to say i love your windows with the smaller panes and wood trim, and your hutch looks exactly like one my mommy has....i love your s&p collection...maybe finding a small shelving unit? who am i kidding?? go for a big one!!!

Blog Entries
    I thought about a shelving unit in place of the tubs and kitchen chair. Problem with that is if I need to unfold my sewing table, the shelves are in the way. Right now, if I need it, I just slide the tubs out.

Your hutch will not hold all of it--especially as time goes on. I'd suggest getting smaller tubs and sort according to color. The tubs will stack up and you can see what you have. I'd leave the shakers in the hutch so they aren't collecting dust on an open shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian
    My stash is currently stored in tubs. It makes it really hard to figure out what I have and what looks good together. I need to make some changes.

Here is an option: I am a collector of salt & pepper shakers. I have most of them in a hutch in my kitchen. I'm considering packing my salt & pepper shakers up and using the space for fabric. Should I do it? Or just live in tubs?
    I think its a ok idea but not in the kitchen the fabric will absorb the smells from cooking. 8-)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast