Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up

This is Tillie. I believe she's a clone from the look of her. She's a Kenmore. Tillie is a rescue machine. My son saved her when she was on her way to a dumpster. She likes her new home and gives me trouble-free sewing pleasure.

Tillie-a working girl
    Name:  Attachment-280190.jpe
Views: 2227
Size:  38.3 KB

Miriam, I've been trying to PM you back but the board won't cooperate. I've tried twice to no avail so I'll try again later.

Blog Entries
    Well darn. Photos won't upload, and spent over 15 minutes trying, so can't edit original. More bugs to work on.

My Riccar 310B is a 15 clone. Love the pea soup green! It always reminds me of Grandad's old Chevy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Karen
    There's no such thing as too many sewing machines!

Blog Entries
    I have one like valleyquiltermo. Mine is a 15-91 named Fusi. Found her at a garage sale. Love to sew with her, but she is heavy -- like me!
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Blog Entries
    I now have 2 15s and 1 clone, so will post pics after I get them cleaned up and presentable!! They are all 3 in need of cleaning. Another week, maybe. I love all these girls!!!

Blog Entries
    RANT WARNING....
    You know whether it is free, $15, $30 or $150 and all slicked up and in good working condition with new wiring doesn't really matter - some of you would pay a whole bunch more money for a brand new machine that won't hold up near as well as one of these. Just the fact that they are still around and in working order should tell you a lot. These are environmentally friendly - not going to a land fill in a couple years. I bet if you adjust for inflation people were spending a whole lot more money for them when they were new. I've not seen real many free or $15 machines in pristine condition. I've seen some real nice worked over machines for $150 or less - what a bargain - a worked over machine for $150. You can't buy a $15 machine and take it anywhere and have it worked over. End of Rant
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBoats View Post
    My Riccar 310B is a 15 clone. Love the pea soup green! It always reminds me of Grandad's old Chevy.
    very nice Riccar - 'Runs like a Sewing Machine'
    Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Here is a picture of my model 15 clone. I bought it because of the color. I have another one almost like this one that is a butter cream color. I hope the picture comes through--it failed the last 2 times I've tried.

Nope....it didn't work
    Last edited by cabbagepatchkid; 11-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    ~~Cathy~~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Here is a picture of my model 15 clone. I bought it because of the color. I have another one almost like this one that is a butter cream color. I hope the picture comes through--it failed the last 2 times I've tried.

Nope....it didn't work
    This new format wants you to resize your picture - I couldn't do it either.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast