Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hobby Lobby Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hobby-lobby-fabric-t132048.html)

n2stitches 06-21-2011 05:26 AM

I work for Hobby Lobby. It is a Christian based organization. This is why it is closed on Sunday and I am happy that it is. We are not a full fledged fabric store. This is why our selection is limited. We have good quality fabric, I believe. We used to get "send out" fabrics. These are fabrics that cannot be ordered. Our send out fabrics are generally seasonal. I have had no problems with any of Hobby Lobby fabrics and I have a TON of it.

grammyp 06-21-2011 05:32 AM

Welcome to the forum. I have found the fabrics to be really nice and have no complaints. My only problem is chatting over the cutting table, the people are always so friendly.

lbaillie 06-21-2011 05:36 AM

I love Hobby Lobby, my only problem is I can just run in for 1 thing, I always come out with 10!!

sueisallaboutquilts 06-21-2011 05:46 AM

I always wondered why they were closed on Sunday but thought it a good thing. We all wouldn't die if stores did that!
Of course, the economy would suffer these days.
I love the idea of Sunday's off :)

sjscribe 06-21-2011 06:29 AM

I love Hobby Lobby!!!! I wish more retail places closed one day a week for their employees' spiritual and family health.

I also am pleased that I can find fabric with christian motifs.

dglvr 06-21-2011 06:41 AM

There is now a Hobby Lobby in Spokane :thumbup: I did buy some fabrics there and love it. I love that whole store. Luckily I'm an hour 1/2 away so going there is a treat once in awhile.
I couldn't work there. I'd owe them money on pay day :mrgreen:

carhop 06-21-2011 06:48 AM

I always find something I like in Hobby Lobby the fabric is very good. They remodled my store and it seamed like they don't have as much fabric as they use to I hope that is not a sign of them fazzing it out.

qbquilts 06-21-2011 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by n2stitches
I work for Hobby Lobby. It is a Christian based organization. This is why it is closed on Sunday and I am happy that it is. We are not a full fledged fabric store. This is why our selection is limited. We have good quality fabric, I believe. We used to get "send out" fabrics. These are fabrics that cannot be ordered. Our send out fabrics are generally seasonal. I have had no problems with any of Hobby Lobby fabrics and I have a TON of it.

I like shopping at HL and I do enjoy the fact that it is Christian based. I like the music played in it and the Christian merchandise that can be found scattered throughout the various departments (ie Christian stamps, VBS crafts, nativity Christmas stuff (not just Santa/snowmen), Easter crosses (not just bunnies), etc.). As you mentioned, the fabric selection can be limited at times, but when I'm in there shopping, I can usually find something that works for me. I think the quality is good - not LQS quality, but it's good enough for me to use without worry.

constantly55 06-21-2011 07:27 AM

I also love Hobby Lobby. I think it's great they are closed on Sunday. That's how it was when I was young. It was church and family dinners on Sunday. Too bad more people don't do this.

MellieKQuilter 06-21-2011 07:43 AM

Very cool! I never knew that and I wish there was one closer. I would be giving them my business!!