Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-completed-quilt-top-photo-discussion-page-t148904.html)

Honchey 08-29-2011 06:14 PM

WooHoo, YAY, We Did It!!!

Okay Ladies, SHOW YOUR STUFF !!!

Honchey 08-29-2011 06:18 PM

I cannot contribute to this page yet...as soon as I get a row, Yes, I said row done I will post it. Irene blew thru here and took the electic with her for a few days, We just got it back. Anne

QuiltE 08-29-2011 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
I cannot contribute to this page yet...as soon as I get a row, Yes, I said row done I will post it. Irene blew thru here and took the electic with her for a few days, We just got it back. Anne

The important part is that you are safe after Irene left town!

weezie 08-30-2011 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by QuiltE

I second that; I've been thinking about you while Irene was wreaking havoc.

I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.

Murphy1 08-30-2011 06:50 AM

I love it. Your colors are rich and I like the warm border. I look forward to creating one based on the efforts and problem solving done by you pioneers in this quilt along.

Originally Posted by weezie

Originally Posted by QuiltE

I second that; I've been thinking about you while Irene was wreaking havoc.

I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.

Rann 08-30-2011 07:39 AM

Lo it. If you don't want it, I will send you my address}:o)

Rann 08-30-2011 07:39 AM

Lo it. If you don't want it, I will send you my address}:o)

QuiltE 08-30-2011 09:24 AM

[quote=weezieI am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.[/quote]

Ooooh I do like that!! ..... Knowing that the colours are not always "right" when we see them here online, what colour are your setting triangles? terra cotta? rust? brown? or?? And your cornerstones are a light beige/stone? They don't predominate, rather enhance the block colours and designs. Well done, indeed!

I too am learning from the "pioneers", for when my time comes to pull it all together! :)

weezie 08-30-2011 11:14 AM

Thanks for compliments, Y'all. I completely re-did the Railroad block and am pleased with the new version; I re-worked Rail Fence to take away from its swastika look and re-worked Century of Progress, because the original block is just too weird. I left the remaining 108 blocks in their original state, although I must confess the bright red one makes me cringe.

QuiltE: The brown sashing & border has little coral colored flowers in it; the large triangles are a somewhat darker coral, with a lighter coral scroll throughout; the cornerstones are the exact same Legacy Studios scroll fabric, but is cream colored with a tan scroll. It all pulls together very well (she said modestly), but the photo does not show that.

Where's everybody's else's finished top photos??????? Why are you keeping me waiting????

QuiltE 08-30-2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by weezie
QuiltE: The brown sashing & border has little coral colored flowers in it; the large triangles are a somewhat darker coral, with a lighter coral scroll throughout; the cornerstones are the exact same Legacy Studios scroll fabric, but is cream colored with a tan scroll. It all pulls together very well (she said modestly), but the photo does not show that.

Where's everybody's else's finished top photos??????? Why are you keeping me waiting????

Nice blending of your fabrics!!!!!!!
If only we could see accurate colours, wouldn't it be nice?

(says she who is a lllllllllllllllllong way from even thinking of joining blocks!)