Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Selfies! Stop it! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/selfies-stop-t251454.html)

Sandygirl 08-07-2014 03:08 AM

Selfies! Stop it!

I have a friend who posts a new one EVERY DAY on Facebook. This gal is pretty but she is also over 16 (middle aged...like me!). I am thinking of blocking her...i am tired of the selfies. Frankly, i am bored with most selfies. My bad?

Sandy

Sunnie 08-07-2014 03:24 AM

I, too, have a friend who posts multiple selfies of herself each week. She just turned 30 and has two adorable little boys. I would prefer to see photos of them. One day I posted the word Narcissist with its definition...and the selfies dropped dramatically. LOL.

NJ Quilter 08-07-2014 03:28 AM

Don't do facebook so no need for me to deal with selfies! I think the whole thing is idiotic, myself.

Misty's Mom 08-07-2014 03:28 AM

I think your friends are kin to my niece. Had to block her. The difference in her pics, she likes to always have a glass of some kind of alcoholic beverage in her hand. Yes, she likes her alcohol

Sandygirl 08-07-2014 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sunnie (Post 6835289)
I, too, have a friend who posts multiple selfies of herself each week. She just turned 30 and has two adorable little boys. I would prefer to see photos of them. One day I posted the word Narcissist with its definition...and the selfies dropped dramatically. LOL.

I have thought of posting narcissist too! Glad you had a good result. I once posted "Again?" on her FB page and she laughed it off. I guess former beauties just need the attention...and she gets it with every selfie posted. she is a great gal, I love her friendship. I try to let it roll off.

Yes, FB is addictive but one reason I like it is to keep in touch with friends and family that I otherwise would not see or contact. I hear the latest news, even in the news, by trolling the newsfeed. So I guess the selfie is minor....maybe.
sandy

Tartan 08-07-2014 05:03 AM

I too don't see the fascination with selfies. If I was young and beautiful I might.:D

ptquilts 08-07-2014 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 6835292)
I think your friends are kin to my niece. Had to block her. The difference in her pics, she likes to always have a glass of some kind of alcoholic beverage in her hand. Yes, she likes her alcohol

The next time she applies for a job, if her employers check her FB page, it will not look good.

hamchips88 08-07-2014 05:22 AM

lol...:D:D

mermaid 08-07-2014 05:33 AM

re Facebook...I do email, snail mail, and phone. I prefer my info not be "out there". That is just me.

Onebyone 08-07-2014 05:38 AM

I use Facebook for quilting. Lots of great give aways, flash sales, and free patterns. I won a Go Baby, Aurifil thread sets, rulers, books, magazines, pattern, quilt kits and too many fat quarter packs to count. Facebook is a great resource for quilting. I have a personal Facebook page for family stuff. I don't mind blocking any family member if they start posting annoying pics.