Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Great finish Kaelyn.

Now that's just too purdy!!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Krista and kaelyn - what beautiful quilts! Well done to both of you.
    Lang may yer lum reek.

I will join you but only when I get a chance throughout the day as I as my day was already spoken for. I have two things I really want to finish today.
    1. A scrappy baby quilt. I got to finish sewing the squares on and then I am done with this little charity piece.
    2. Make a dog bed, so I can use up the rest of my scraps and get them out of my way!
    Having these two things done allows me to get done to some real projects next.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    It is triangular log cabin. I got the paper piecing pattern from CompuQuilt http://www.compuquilt.com/CQFreeBlocks.htm.

Its not really hard to do, just time consuming. I figured out what size to make each piece and strip cut everything. I actually have enough blocks started to do another baby size but I'm ADD when it comes to my projects, so I filed the leftovers away for later.
    LOL, If I cry, wet myself and suck my thumb, will I qualify as a baby for when your ADD lets you get back to the leftovers? I already have 2 of the 3 going, so I can easily start sucking my thumb when you are ready. LMBO...... hugggggs and smilesssssss.......
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I will join you but only when I get a chance throughout the day as I as my day was already spoken for. I have two things I really want to finish today.
    1. A scrappy baby quilt. I got to finish sewing the squares on and then I am done with this little charity piece.
    2. Make a dog bed, so I can use up the rest of my scraps and get them out of my way!
    Having these two things done allows me to get done to some real projects next.
    I'm sorry Dee, but there is something you said that I can't quite understand. Can you please explain what "use up the rest of my scraps" means? Somehow this is a concept that completely escapes me. No matter how many scraps I use, there always seems to be just as many as when I started. Is there, perhaps, some magic powder or potent you sprinkle on them that keeps them from multiplying in the night? Or even maybe shrinks or dissolves a few each day?
    I even changed the container I kept mine in, fearing it might have had the powers of the Stone Soup kettle, but apparently the container is not the problem.
    Please share your secrets with us as I am sure there are many who would benefit.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Just what I need to continue finishing the LOOOONG list of UFO's I have - I'm always so anxious to move on to the next idea I have - and I loose track of what I've got waiting. I have one in the drawer that I had lost for nearly 15 years. Finally found it - still haven't finished it. Did just finish one I started 4 or 5 years ago - will post it as soon as it has a picture.

I keep trying to get my UFOs organized into 'I will finish" and 'I will donate' and I keep getting distracted! This is the year I will finish some, though! I promise!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

Hi, I'm new to the Quilting Board and would like to join this group. I have at least 20 UFOs I'd like to finish. This month I finished 2 just in time to get them into the Tucson Quilters Guild Show. Got a 3rd place on one of them. Yahoo! So, my goal is to finish one a month for the rest of the year. That should at least make a dent in the UFO pile!

Gorgeous!!! Love your color choices and the pattern is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school

Attachment 388994

And a closeup of some of my quilting. I did stitch in the ditch around the stars, after this picture was taken.
    Attachment 388998
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

Page 19 of 141 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 69 119 ... LastLast