Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

February I didn't finish any UFO's but still very motivated. I was able to get 3 quilts pinned and quilted 3 quilts, any progress is good.
    Wendy

ladydeluxe - good job, you still accomplished a lot!
    asimplelife - you have inspired me. Next week I'm going to count my UFOs, and hopefully not give myself a heart attack!

Thanks, Bev. You're right - I do like the quilt as a whole.

What a lovely quilt. I love the fabrics you've used. You did better than me on the BOMs - I'm going to have to do the ones for February and March this month.

Stunning quilt! What beautiful fabrics. Well done for finishing it.

gosh, these pictures just take my breath away! amazing what talent is here . . . .

congratulations on finishing something, and for such beautiful work!!

<off to try to sew some more today>
    ;0)

Great finishes! We had a health crisis arise with DH so spent the last day of Feb dealing with that. (Funny but he's my priority over getting a UFO finished-LOL)
    plus it necessitated us going OOT. Oh well, love seeing everyone's finishes and I'm close enough to a finish on this 22 yo UFO that I surly can get it on the March tally.
    Y'all are such great inspiration!
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Finaly an UFO done

I have been a busy girl but none of my UFOs got totally completed. This thread motivated me to dig up swap blocks and finnish a quilt. This will be a picnic quilt and is made from blocks in a swap Deb Watkins did.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...174316-24.html
    I even added a label. My appologies for the quality of the pictures. DH took them for me on his phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Annaquilts; 03-01-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Anna Quilts

Hey, Annaquilts, you may not have finished a UFO, but you're making great progress!

Had family stay unexpectedly this week so was unable to get into my sewing room then I had a two day trip to the Netherlands so March 1st has arrived without me finishing my UFO. I only have a little bit of quilting to finish and then the binding so should be done by the end of the weekend. Then my UFO challenge for March is to finish the matching twin quilt (top just needs one more border, then sandwich and quilt and binding).

So many beautiful finishes, this thread is really inspiring me to get all my UFOs finished. I have a system and can only start a small project to run along side my finishing so I have the thrill of the new together with the satisfaction of completing the old.

Blog Entries
    Nice job Anna, ring that bell girl.

Ssnare, great job girlfriend, you are coming along. Love those colors.

Asimplife, OMG, you are really on a roll, keep it up! So now that you have five new projects to do, what did you pick?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

good job with the quilt annasquilts. I especially love that backing fabric. Where'd that come from?
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Fellow quilters, thank you for your kind comments. Foxflower, the backing fabric I bought used. I mostly end up with boxes of scraps but in the midst of it was yards of this fabric. I really like it. It might be from 2000 or so. It is very fitting for the back. I am saving the strips left over to cut squares for I Spy Quilts. I gave one strip to my friend to use for kids quilts. The colors are just so happy.
    Anna Quilts

So, I looked at this thread a while ago and was like "Eh, that's not for me!" I am here today eating my words because I realized that my list of projects includes 4 UFOs! So, today I am working to finish the one that's been around the longest, a quilt for my daughter. I started it over 2 years ago!

Blog Entries
    Love everyones finished projects!

Ssnare, I really like the colors in your tied quilt! So bright and purrrrrty! I especially like your choice of border fabric - it makes the quilt pop!

Annaquilts, you did a great job with the swap blocks! Your quilt doesn't even look like a swap block quilt - it all rolls together very smoothly!

Michelleoc, your quilt is very soft and comfy looking! Nice job!

Asimplelife, jeeeeeeeze you are on a roll girl! What great finished projects! You are an inspiration!

Gramajo, very purrrrty Yosemite commorative quilt!
    Nancy
    Last edited by BoJangles; 03-02-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Welcome narnianquilter, whether you have few or many, this is the place for getting those UFO's done. Hugs and smiles, we are happy to have you with us.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Ditto to Nancy's post!! I agree completely with everything she said, about everyone's finishes!

splendid, just splendid! (my fingers typed splenda both times?? ) ;0))

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Love everyones finished projects!

Gramajo, very purrrrty Yosemite commorative quilt!
    Nancy
    Sorry, I must of been asleep when I wrote this! I meant commemorative!

Nancy

I did manage to get a small wall hanging done, the center was an embroidered cross that was framed with purple batiks. It was given away before I remembered I hadn't taken a picture. The purples were from my scraps I have left from doing my purple gumball quilt.

I have 3 more to finish, these are gifts for special speakers at my Eastern Star meetings. I will get a picture of the next ones I complete.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Sorry, I must of been asleep when I wrote this! I meant commemorative!

Nancy
    Thank you Nancy. Joanne

March UFO

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a UFO - I made it last year using quilt as you go so all that needed doing was the binding. It's taken me six months to sew the binding on, but I'm so pleased that it's finished at last.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rose--very pretty quilt. Good job on getting the binding done! What method of quilt as you go did you use?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well I found this thread 2 months late...but that's okay as I didn't finish and UFOs....and I have SO many.
    I think my first challenge is to get organized, find them all, count them and finish something small for March.
    That is my personal challenge.....now I am cringing....so much to go thru......okay tonight tonight I will do something tonight! Wish me luck!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ludlowquiltandsew....very nice!
    I know I missed lots of other finished projects with 50 pages....BUT HERE'S A BIG WOOHOW!! for everyone who did finish some projects.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    PokerDiva....lovely quilt

Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 30 ... LastLast