Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

UFO Finishes 11, 12 and 13

Great finishes everyone! I spent most of last week working on some new projects and a BoM that I joined (my first ever!) but today I have some UFOs to show you. All 3 of these will be donated to Project Linus.

"Boxed in Brights" is my own design using 7.5" Happy Blocks alternating with bright squares. The B&W fabrics were from a FQ swap.

"Rainbow Sherbet-Hold the Lime!" was made from a group block exchange. I sent out the center squares and asked for borders to be added in shades of yellow, orange and pink by the other quilters.

"Purple 9 Patch on Lime" was made from the pattern Nine Patch from the book "Even More Quilts for Baby" by Ursula Reikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    11,12, and 13? Wow! Go, go go.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

They look great. Good job!
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Blog Entries
    Ring Ring Ring.....
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Ringing the bell for awesome finishes!!! Love your Linus quilts, so pretty and cheerful!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

asimplelife...very nice quilts. I especially like the middle one.

This was so hard to do! It was my first quilt I did by myself! It was only suppose to take 2 months, and it took me six My little girl (3) loved helping me with it! I hope the little boy who gets it from Quilt for Kids likes it!
    Name:  DSCN3694.JPG
Views: 189
Size:  92.0 KBName:  Image1.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  86.8 KB

Congrats on your first quilt! It turned out great and will make some child very happy!!

Ain't they all purdy?? Great finishes!!!! Ring the bells & sing the song over & over again.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Here is my finish for February. This quilt has sat in a bag for two years. I started it after my sister visited. We both picked out a charm pack and a yard of fabric. We were going to make each others quilt for my mom's birthday (Feb.21). I sewed the pattern I picked but it grew and grew. I added more charm packs and another fun print from the set. It ended up 110x105! My plan was to quilt motifs on it using my new sewing machine my sister had helped me pick out. But I was warned it would be so unmanageable and I should send it out to be quilted. I had already pinned it, according to another sisters directions. And out of frustration, I bagged the quilt and ignored it. Last Saturday I pulled it out, intending to cut it down to a lap/full size and continue my plan to quilt it myself. I told Fraew my plan and she FORBID me to cut it down. I think she actually said..."Put your big girl panties on and get busy!" With her encouragement all week long (and luvTooquilt and Yosamitesa) AND a sudden enrollment into a freemotion class at my LQS, here is my FINISH!!! I did finish the quilting by mom's birthday. I did the binding yesterday and I'll mail it out next week. I can't wait for my sister to get it. She only knows I was making her something fun on Mom's birthday. (Unless she's watching here.. lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    SheriR~
    2.5" stamp swap! Come join the fun.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...p-t250047.html
    From Grandma's closet quilt album: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums18788.html
    ~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 91 ... LastLast