Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

I'm in, you guys helped me finish six bed size quilts last year. Even kept me from starting any new ones until the very last month of 2013. I started Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice and Jabba's & Elisabrat's Medallion quilt, determined they will be finished this year along with the eight UFO's I didn't complete last year. Thanks for starting this thread!

Blog Entries
    Count me in. I'm retired now,so have more time to sew. I'm too scared of what I'd find to do an inventory.
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

Blog Entries
    I just want to thank you and your husband for adopting the stray cat. I have compassion for animals.

I too will join this thread. I had already decided to finish up some of my projects before I look for another pattern or fabric for something new. I am working on a machine embroidered project (started 5 years ago) and a grandmothers flower garden wall hanging (started 3 years ago) which hopefully will be my finishes in January. Beautiful kitten you have adopted.
    I don't know how to do that.....YET!
    LIFE IS ABOUT USING THE WHOLE BOX OF CRAYONS.

OK, hi all! I have 2 UFOs that I have decided I will never finish and would like to offer here for trade. The first is an inherited batch of heart blocks; there are 18 that have been sewn to the backing and turned for applique and 22 that are just pieced together. These are all in bright pastels of green, pink, purples and yellows. See photo. I would trade for an equal number of blocks in an equal state of semi-completeness. LOL
    Please IM me for more info or to make offers.

The second UFO is much harder to part with, but I know in my heart I will never finish it. I inherited it from my GM and since I am 67, you know it's been around a while. It is 22 hand stitched circles of Dresden Plates and some quarter sections for the corners.
    I am not a fan of Dresden Plates so I can't make myself want to finish it. I know it will be better off in a good home with loving hands to bring it to life as it was meant to be. I will take offers for trade on this one as I don't know what to ask for. I tried to show the hand stitching in the second photo but don't think it shows up much.
    Huggggggggs and smilessssss........
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if I attempted to do this last year or not... However, I'd like to join as well. I've got 2 ufo's and lot's of other blocks, and leftovers that when put together look pretty snappy! I tend to save the corners that are cut off of other projects, hoping to use them in the future.

Does anyone else make double sided quilts? 2 in 1, if you will? I do that all the time. It started out because I didn't want to have left over blocks from a project. I always make a few extra and put the best on the front and add the extras on the back. Sometimes the back looks pretty darn cool!
    Go forth and sew!

Ok, I took on the challenge today as I was home on a vacation day from work. Pieced the backing to one of my UFOs and sandwiched the top to the batting while crawling on the floor. Now all that needs to be done is to quilt and bind it. Whew. Maybe I should piece the backing of my other UFO but then again....maybe not. Complete the one I'm working on for January.
    Thanks for starting this board for motivation.

I'm joining in also. I have 6 baby tops that were pieced by other people that need to be sandwiched, quilted, and bound. Then there are 4 tops to be made from my mother-in-law's stash. (Someone else will quilt and bind those.) I also have several WIPs to finish as tops for my church group or for me to quilt/bind.

Connie

She is a keeper & beautiful at that.

Blog Entries
    Well, UFO's WIP's and PIG's are plentiful in my sewing studio, so count me in!

Here's my first finish for 2014. And it was only a UFO for 6 months or so; sandwiched, quilted and bound on January 1st : Love It When The Quilt Comes Out Like It Was In My Head!
    Wendy

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast