Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 Monthly  Color and Design Challenge >

2015 Monthly Color and Design Challenge

2015 Monthly Color and Design Challenge

Old 01-24-2015, 09:02 PM

Tomorrow we are driving to the ski resort! Then I get to set up my machine in the condo so I can sew with the guys are skiing. I took all the blocks off the design wall and numbered them. So hopefully I can keep them in order. I can't wait to start piecing.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:23 PM

Every time I sit down to work on mine, something happens and I have to put it away again. It's getting to the point that I'm almost afraid to try to work on it because I don't need any more "excitement."
Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 AM

Same here. I saved the fun of starting this till I had pieced the top of a charity quilt. Then, in the past week we've had a family funeral, a son with a knee sprain, a bout with horrid ab pain, and a snowstorm. All that put me behind in the "must do's" of daily life and I am now wondering if January can grow a few weeks this year? The 31st is coming fast!

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
Every time I sit down to work on mine, something happens and I have to put it away again. It's getting to the point that I'm almost afraid to try to work on it because I don't need any more "excitement."
Old 01-27-2015, 08:49 PM

I have the blocks and a few rows sewed together. I found a couple with cutting mistakes, though, that I need to correct. Won't be able to do that until next week when I get home. I've been looking at applique books from the library so I've decided how I want to do the applique.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:44 PM

Hi Everyone,

Kristijoy, AngeliaNR and zozee may need a little more time. Would you like to extend the January challenge a week? We could delay our reveal to Feb. 6th or 7th?

**The book has 8 challenges, so we have some wiggle room. We could stretch the challenges out over the year, skip a few months (August and December) or creating additional challenges.

Please let the group know your preference.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:30 AM

An extension would help me, but I don't want to hold up the group. I'm working on assembling mine--I will finish the top, but I don't know that I'll be able to quilt it right away. Is a finished top okay for meeting the challenge, or must the project be entirely done, quilting and all?
Old 01-29-2015, 06:24 PM

I have only gotten the quilt designed, not even cut out. Granted, it's only for a baby quilt, but I'm not quick and so not even a week's extension would help. Thanks for your thoughtfulness. I don't want to hold up the group either, so if the majority of folks vote to move on to Challenge 2, I may just start with that one and come back to Challenge 1 later.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:31 PM

Actually, I was hoping to that the last challenge would end about Sept 30 (giving one month of "wiggle room" or one month off). October is when I (and maybe many others??) start plunging into the Christmas sewing frenzy. I have more free time in the summer when school's out .
Old 01-29-2015, 08:36 PM

I'm open to whatever works. I completely missed the January challenge....in the same camp with everyone that has too many unexpected things crop up. I love the one with the diamonds in the middle (Angelina?) can't wait to see that done! And the topper with the snap of lime green? Love it!! There was one more with some darker purples that was also awesome! So bummed I'm missing this one .

I am curious if a swatch has been selected for February? Maybe inspiration will steam roll me....
Old 01-30-2015, 06:58 AM

I, too, would like a heads-up in Feb's inspiration swatch.