Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 Monthly  Color and Design Challenge >

2015 Monthly Color and Design Challenge

2015 Monthly Color and Design Challenge

Old 05-26-2015, 06:07 PM

HI gals!!! Been thinking about you! My sewing machine died and I've been waiting to get my new set up going. I ordered a new Juki with a frame and it's taking awhile to put it together. I'm excited though...it's going to look good!

I'm almost done with my binding for the March challenge and I have the April challenge in the works (piecing). I have some ideas for May, but I need to get caught up before after I get my new setup going. Would love some catchup months in the summer!
Old 06-01-2015, 07:10 PM

I haven't forgotten ya'll either. We have been swamped with a kitchen renovation that I've been helping hubby with. Not much energy to sew at the end of a day (or week). I'd love play catch-up on at least one of the challenges this summer.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:05 AM

Smile June is a "catch up" month

Good morning,

June is a catch up month. No new challenge this month.

Like others I'm a bit swamped. Landrum quilters show is next week, I have class to rent time on a long arm and 4 quilts to finish this month. (QOV sent me a pattern and fabric for two quilts ).

The center of my quilt is done for the May challenge. Now I need to work the required block into the setting and/or borders. Somehow this one will end up being large, probably queen size. Lesson to self... decide on a finished size before starting a challenge.

Have fun with your quilting. Thank you for joining me in this design/color challenge journey.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:04 PM

playswithcolor: Sounds like you have a busy month with a quilt show! Looking forward to seeing your May design. I haven't yet embarked on a 'big' quilt yet, I've been cutting my design teeth on crib size!

I finished my March quilt. I love how this one turned out. This tugboat fabric was so much fun it provided the perfect way to tie together the red/white blocks. I paper pieced a few sailboats and added some fun blocks from Tula Pink's "100 Modern Quilt Blocks". I'm thinking of hanging this one at the county fair! I've never done that before, so I'm trying to be brave!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]521813[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 2015-06-07-005-786x800-.jpg  
Old 06-07-2015, 08:05 PM

Next up: I have April cut out, May is designed but not started yet, but I'm anxious to work on it. I have a class project on my design wall that I'm finishing piecing. (Individual blocks are done, now to sew the blocks together.) After that, I'm thinking I'll start on May! The color scheme is way out of the box for me!
Old 06-14-2015, 03:39 PM

Default Challenge progress

My May challenge has been on hold due to local quilt show and working to meet a deadline for 2 QOV quilts. Wednesday is class to rent time on a LA. I think I will need to work fast to acquire LA proficiency. I want to be ready to quilt this one myself.

The center is done. I need to work the required block in the setting or borders. My goal is to get it to flimsy stage by the end of the month.
Attached Thumbnails may-challenge.jpg  
Old 06-14-2015, 03:42 PM

Kristi, I love your combination of red and white churn dashes with sailboats. Have fun with the next challenge!
Old 06-14-2015, 06:01 PM

Kristi--great quilt. Good luck at the fair!
Playswithcolor--beautiful star!
Old 06-21-2015, 04:05 PM

Been pulling/buying fabric for May
Old 06-21-2015, 07:57 PM

Kristi-kudoes to being brave. Your church dashes and sailboats are a creative combination.
Plays--that star is brilliant. Good luck in your class.