Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2015 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

2015 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 05-22-2015, 07:59 PM

Sherry, you asked "So sorry that your jacket didn't work out! Was it a sweatshirt based jacket? I haven't done one of those yet - it's on the list...". It was a sweat shirt jacket and I have made two already but both turned out too small. The sweatshirt I chose this time had double knit stretch in gussets under the arms and down the sides for about 3 inches. I think that was the problem. But I won't give up. Hubby was cleaning out shirts that are too small and he had a flannel one for giveaway. I snagged it and think it might work just as well. At least I know I can set the sleeves back in the proper place. My ufo projects have come to a halt for the summer, I am afraid. Too much company in and out and then summer trip planned. Love seeing all the latest finishes. Krista, yours are so good!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:14 AM

I'm binding the community quilt. I hope to have it finished by the friday after next. I'm not to speedy yet.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM

I finished and delivered a quilt I have been working on for a long time. I finished the binding on Sunday morning and gave it to my mom on Sunday afternoon. My only regret is that my dad never got to sleep under it. But my mom loved it.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 PM

I finally finished a quilt top. I have been sewing but not getting anything finished! .

I cut the black squares from donated black fabric and the colorful squares were cut by my church group and have been sitting in a box for several years.

Connie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520800[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 05-26-2015, 11:25 PM

I too was able to finish a quilt yesterday. The top was made by someone else....I just had to quilt and bind. It's been on the shelf too long! Happy to be able to deliver it today.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:19 AM

Congratulations all on your finishes. I look forward to some finishes myself this year.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:10 AM

Connie: Love your top. That's a marvelous way to use up some of those slightly larger left overs.

Hey guys, your teasing us. No pictures? Love to see pictures.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:04 PM

When i started quilting I would refuse to start a new project until I finished the last one. Then I was invited to sew with a group of ladies and for the longest time they would tease me that I didn't have UFOs. Now I have my fair share (and then some), lol. I'm happy to say I just this week finished a quilt started in March of 2012 which is for my eldest niece. It was supposed to be a high school graduation gift...it's just a couple years late! She's having surgery next week and I'm glad I finished it so I can surprise her when I visit next weekend. It's from the Block Builders series, they gave you the design of the block, but you picked where the fabrics went....lots of little pieces, waaaay outside my comfort zone. A good friend of mine quilted it for me.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 05:57 PM

Default Tulip quilt

This is the tulip quilt I finished this past weekend. I didn't make the top, but have had it here for over a year to quilt. Finally got it done and delivered it to a very happy owner tonight....her grandma made it.
Attached Thumbnails img_2233.jpg   dsc03984.jpg  
Old 05-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Power Poster

Such two contrasting quilts...but each with their own charm....great finishes. Carrie..the backing is perfect for the vintage top.