Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-09-2017, 05:17 PM

Sync, I love it! I have been wanting to try hand quilting - I like the idea of trying it on a miniquilt. Thanks for the idea.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:41 PM

WOW ladies and gents, those are some great finishes, and QM that quilting is amazing. Bargello, minions, panels, small ones and big ones, and a new quilter to the group.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:26 PM

Welcome Annie2016 to the group.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:51 AM

Sync...nice finish. I like hand quilting. It does take a lot of time but it is very relaxing for me. Your design looks like swirls or waves. Did you mark it with a stencil or do free hand?

That reminds me....I have another UFO that I have been hand quilting for the past year or more I haven't worked on it since early February. Forgot about that one so that makes 13 UFOs.

Have a good day, everyone.

edited to add....Thank you for welcoming me to the group.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:37 AM

QuilterMomma, your bargello fabrics are fascinating; it's a very elegant combination.

JuanitaBean, congratulations on those cute finishes. The sashing on the T-shirt quilt is a great choice.

Sync, I see you are not shy about hand quilting over seams. That always limits my choice of design when hand quilting. Lovely finish!

Welcome, Anne!

I am not close to finishing any UFOs. Right now I am working on getting to bed at a decent hour consistently. I've decided getting enough sleep so my back is rested is the key to success. Why is it so easy to start a bad habit but so hard to start a good one?
Old 04-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
QuilterMomma, your bargello fabrics are fascinating; it's a very elegant combination.

JuanitaBean, congratulations on those cute finishes. The sashing on the T-shirt quilt is a great choice.

Sync, I see you are not shy about hand quilting over seams. That always limits my choice of design when hand quilting. Lovely finish!

Welcome, Anne!

I am not close to finishing any UFOs. Right now I am working on getting to bed at a decent hour consistently. I've decided getting enough sleep so my back is rested is the key to success. Why is it so easy to start a bad habit but so hard to start a good one?
Lisa, I felt that way about smoking, one reason I came back to quilting gave me something else to do with my hands and I didn't want the fabric smelling like smoke. Happy sewing
Old 04-10-2017, 10:50 AM

Count me in!! I have tons of boxes of UFO's but I won't be able to start until July 2017!!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:49 AM

Excitement!!! These are some cool UFOs. Love the Minion. I have a daughter crazy (24) over those little guys.
Welcome aboard this train fellow UFO quilters. We are going to get thru these one way or another.
Because bad habits are easier than the good ones, that is why hard to keep up on good ones. Love the saying "we can choose our habits, our habits choose our future".
I am nearly done with two more, I have to get border fabric for the heart bargello, and then need to sew up the blocks and do a quick edge to edge on another log cabin which was to be brickwork, but somehow I messed up, but it will be done. I did finish the boss' quilt, not a ufo, now to get it quilted as well. I have been working on another on the longarm, but may have to put it aside for a few because I have a quick customer quilt to get done as well. Hmm, finish two UFOs or struggle thru one. Thinking taking the easy and then put hard back on. Will check timing and go from there. Well off to do some more real work. Good job everyone.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:49 PM

anne2016, I agree hand quilting is really relaxing. Almost all of my quilts are hand quilted. I'm a complete novice as far as machine quilting goes and recently took a craftsy class on quilting with your walking foot. I did use a stencil for the wave quilting pattern. ummmm ..... my free hand drawing wouldn't look as good.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Thanks joe'smom. A while back I put on my big girl panties and started quilting through seams. The trick to it was to take your time and quilt one stitch at a time, even if you have to stab stitch. I know, I know, it does slow down the process but seams are no longer my enemy ...... lol.