Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 34 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 84 ... LastLast

Thread: ART Quilt Challenges Monthly

Chickadee. Could you tell you how you do that on waxed paper? I've never seen that before.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Tata, very interesting creations. Thank you so much for sharing your work. I too would love to know more about your technique.

Chickadeee, we are here to learn and create using anything to our hearts content and to stimulate each other. Please join us.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Blog Entries
    i agree! i want to learn more! i have done very little on anything. somebody kick me into gear!! i am soaking up what everyone else is doing!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I'm wondering if black acrylic paint could be used instead of black dye for the melted crayon batik creations. I cannot find liquid dye here, but the paint is permanent and might work as well. Any thoughts or experience with this?

This is a picture of the batik fabric I created. I have a few ideas already for using one of the pieces for this challenge.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    what did you use for the pattern? love the bubble effect!
    there is a dyeing class on craftsy that i'm taking. very interesting, but just now she's doing tie dye. yawn, i went thru the 60's already. lol . but the procion mx dyes are spectacular.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

I'm also taking that class. I have learned a lot about shibori. I'm also taking a dyeing class from Candied Fabrics. Even though I can't do much dyeing any more due to my illnesses, I still want to learn more, and I'm able to sell on Etsy. Another Craftsy class I'm taking is Stupendous Stitching. My playing for this month is to learn how to couch yarns, etc., using my couching foot. I'm having some difficulty with learning how.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog55 View Post
    I'm also taking that class. I have learned a lot about shibori. I'm also taking a dyeing class from Candied Fabrics. Even though I can't do much dyeing any more due to my illnesses, I still want to learn more, and I'm able to sell on Etsy. Another Craftsy class I'm taking is Stupendous Stitching. My playing for this month is to learn how to couch yarns, etc., using my couching foot. I'm having some difficulty with learning how.
    I have paid for the Stupendous Stitching class but as yet, have not had time to take it.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Gellie art

Here is my first attempt at gellie printing. The Gelliearts web site has tutorials.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Gellie printing is very nice.....really like your colors..something else to investigate.

Page 34 of 104 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 84 ... LastLast