Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Thats beautiful!!!

Hi works4me and QuiltE and everyone,
    I would be proud and honoured to create a patriotic quilt. What a lovely idea to call out to everyone around the world. Good stuff. Mostly I think in Ontario and Eastern States it is the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812. There was a quilt show at Sackett's harbour New York, in March (missed it darn it) I believe there is also one at Upper Canada Village, Morrisburg, ON will get back to you on dates. I am excited to start planning this, never mind I have projects up to my eyeballs to do but this is exciting. Currently I'm working on the Underground Railroad will take pics and post by the weekend. Have a great day

Welcome LinC!!! .... we're most happy to have you aboard this patriotic venture.

Yes! The War of 1812 is creating quite a stir in pockets all thru the province. I know that Simcoe County (Barrie, Midland, Orillia, Wasaga Beach, etc.) have quite a few significant locations and have already been having special events, with even more to come.

What the heck, what's another project to take precedence over our stockpiles of PhDs?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't but when has that ever stopped me! Okay.... I'll put my thinking cap on, can't imagine starting a full quilt with so many already in the works, but maybe a wallhanging or ???

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Hmmmm.... I really shouldn't but when has that ever stopped me! Okay.... I'll put my thinking cap on, can't imagine starting a full quilt with so many already in the works, but maybe a wallhanging or ???

Yeaaaaaaaaa ThimbleBug and Welcome!!!! ... you'll come up with something splendid, I'm sure! My Man Monty will be a long wall hanging .... or suitable for a door.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

LinC and thimblebug6000 welcome.
    It looks like there will be a good variety of designs and that is great. Some never occurred to me like diamond jubilee and underground railway but they fit quite nicely as we never intended this to be strictly a flag-type quilt project. Of course, those type of projects work well, too, or mine wouldn’t fit the theme. lol
    None of us really have time for another project, do we? That’s why we encourage you to put on your thinking cap. Mini quilts, potholders, table runners, even BBQ aprons all count. How about a tote bag or sewing machine cover? Casserole holder? You could even make a pin cushion for the country in which your secret pal resides if you are part of the secret pal swap. See, it doesn’t have to be a huge project at all. J

QM
    What a great idea!!

Thanks QM, hope you join in the fun.

Patriotic

Sorry, would like to join in on a new challenge, but can't. Sounds like really great fun! Just wanted to share a past patriotic quilt done for a church fundraiser. Also wanted to ask if there's anything 'not to miss' for a tourist in late May/early June in Canada?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beautiful quilt.

What part of Canada will you be visiting?

Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast