Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

I love that thimblebug6000. The striped red fabric makes it look like the flag is waving, as do the lines in the white fabric. Good start. You are way ahead of me and my centre. I have 4 rows of cross stitch done plus the stem of the maple leaf.

Looking Good, ThimbleB!!!!!
    Well truth be known, you're all waaaaay ahead of me .... all I have yet, are my fabrics!
    (and won't be starting til after the end of May when the UFO Challenge at our LQS ends!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Muv
    Lots of work done on the rose today - should have the block finished tomorrow!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Count me in too. I have several patriotic "Pigs" (projects in grocery sacks) and this inspires me to get one or more of them done by July 1st. Should be fun!
    Jean B.

Stitching up a Storm in the City of the Devil Winds :-)

Blog Entries
    Just noticed that my member picture is a Patriotic quilt sampler that I did a couple of years ago. However, I am going to custom quilt it on my longarm and so it is in my pile of quilt tops to be quilted and not finished yet.

Love all the ideas that you all have that I have now seen as I have gone back to the beginning of this challenge to read all the posts and see the pics. Going to be fun to see all these quilts and projects in progress as we go along. Need to get in my quilt studio and pick out what quilt I want to do and get fabrics and pattern posted on here.
    Jean B.

Stitching up a Storm in the City of the Devil Winds :-)

Muv, what technique are you using? It looks like you're stitching through paper without thread? Are you creating a stencil?

Good to have you on board Kept In Stitches. Looking forward to seeing which pig you choose.

Muv
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    Muv, what technique are you using? It looks like you're stitching through paper without thread? Are you creating a stencil?
    Hello Thimblebug, The stencil is already made, and then I lay it over the work and stitch through. On the photo the machine is threaded and I was halfway through stitching the detail on the rose. The paper was on the back of the work so that when I tear it away afterwards it's not too tragic if tiny specks of paper are left behind.

Blog Entries
    I think I will get in on this one! I love Patriotic stuff!
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Great to have you #1piecemaker. Looking forward to seeing what you decide to make.

Welcome to the New Patriotic Challengers too!
    I'll look forward to seeing what everyone does.

Muv ... Continuing to cheer you on here!! I can't wait to see this centre rose block done, and then to see what comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    I would like to join this challenge... here are some pics of my fabric choices...The pattern I would like to say I have no clue..but actually I do have the first clue to the Bittersweet mystery with AQS I am participating in. It is suppose to be a scrappy...Im doing a controlled scrappy though. Can you see how Im trying to make lil flags in my four patches..lol
    What is the name of that fabulous star fabric in the background???? It's just beautiful!....I'd like to grab some of that.
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leggz48 View Post
    What is the name of that fabulous star fabric in the background???? It's just beautiful!....I'd like to grab some of that.
    I picked up the star fabric at JoAnns, Unfortunately its all cut up and I didnt keep the borders so Im not sure what the exact name is. They still have plenty on the bolt so I can get the name for you Monday when I go shopping.
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
    I think I will get in on this one! I love Patriotic stuff!
    Me too...

Welcome SpaceBull!!
    ... and also to anyone whom I may have missed from earlier posts!!!

I hope you'll show us your fabrics, and plans ... it's fun to watch projects develop.
    Plus ... it helps us with the accountability and we're more likely to get at it.
    At least, I know it will for me ... I've posted my fabrics and patterns and come June, watch out for the progress!

Muv ... any uipdate pics? or perhaps you don't quilt on the weekends?

Muv
    Hello QuiltE. The rose block is finished, and I've done a bit of preparation tonight so I can start on the second block tomorrow, which is going to be a daffodil for Wales. If you don't mind I'm going to save the pics until it is properly finished, but I will post work-in-progress photos... I just want to be sure it turns out all right! Keep cheering me on - it really helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Hello QuiltE. The rose block is finished, and I've done a bit of preparation tonight so I can start on the second block tomorrow, which is going to be a daffodil for Wales. If you don't mind I'm going to save the pics until it is properly finished, but I will post work-in-progress photos... I just want to be sure it turns out all right! Keep cheering me on - it really helps!

<clap>
    <clap><clap><clap><clap>
    **cheers** **cheers** **cheers**
    Jolly Good !!!!!!!!!!

And absolutely, updates as only you wish!!!
    It's still pretty exciting!!

P.S. I've been thinking of you as I listened to re-runs of Kate's and William's wedding and other Royal stories as I worked in the office today.

Did I get this looking Union Jack'ish?

This afternoon I got my little table topper to the next step.... Name:  P1020793_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 327
Size:  26.0 KBName:  P1020794_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 336
Size:  32.9 KBName:  P1020795_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 331
Size:  32.8 KB

Stunning ++++++ !!!
    lp

Yea for you ThimbleB ... the red fabric has a nice flag waving effect to it!

Blog Entries
    Here is one evolution of my Mystery Patriotic Quilt... It seems to be taking on a mind of its own...will see what further clues have to reveal.
    Have an awesome day!

Muv
    Hello Jenniky, your stars and stripes are fun!

Meanwhile, in Blighty, the first stem has been finished for the Welsh daffodil block..

Interesting..... As Many of u know, I quilt for Veterans. "The American Veteran Project"..... ( don't bother loking for an organization.... it's my own, local project, that MANY here have donated towards and help keep going..)
    I LOVE patriotic!!! Most of what I do is via donated fabrics. So many are functional and beautiful... it is not patriotic.
    This is so inspiring to me!! thanks everyone and keep it up! I'll be watching for ideas.

Welcome Spacebull1. Glad you could join us.
    Keep it up Muv. You are inspiring me to keep going.
    thimblebug6000 - love it. At this pace, you may just have to make matching potholders.
    Jenniky - love the life of its own. Your quilt obviously knows what it's doing.
    blueteddi - sounds great. In my book quilting for veterans is mighty patriotic so I look forward to seeing your next/current project. That's one thing I like about this challenge-the interpretation of patriotic. So, if a quilt in a sports theme is what you will donate to a veteran, that is your patriotic project as far as I'm concerned.

My maple leaf centre is coming along. If the pencil lines don't come out I will be starting from scratch.Name:  PICT0080.JPG
Views: 383
Size:  80.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    Hello Jenniky, your stars and stripes are fun!

Meanwhile, in Blighty, the first stem has been finished for the Welsh daffodil block..
    Muv that is very interesting how you are doing your stems..I have never seen them prepped that way. Then you are able to use a small straight stitch with the sewing machine... how great. I have a quilt pattern Im working on for my granddaughter and I have slowed progress because Im not happy with how my stems are turning out. Seeing your stems laid out gives me motivation to go back at it again. So thank you for sharing your in progress photo.. and thanks for your warm comment on my stars and stripes.. I love the fabrics Im working with.. but I fear before the quilt is complete I will be pullling apart some of the squares to reorganize the layout. We will see... Have a beautiful day Muv and everyone else.
    Have an awesome day!

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast