Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 79 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 89 129 ... LastLast

Thread: International Patriotic Challenge

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thomp116 View Post
    Absolutely beautiful! Is that your own design? You might have mentioned that before, but I haven't been on the QB very much lately and haven't read all the posts.

Unfortunately, I didn't get anything done for the challenge -- too much going on around here! I guess I forgot how busy the summer can be!

Thomp the challenge isn't over.. you still have plenty of time... this is the challenge that never ends. LOL Internationally speaking there are many many patriotic holidays all year round.
    Have an awesome day!

Morning all from BC, where the sun has finally decided to shine.

nursie76 - well done! You did a fabulous job and the quilting is amazing. So glad we could motivate you. Sounds like you might have to make at least one more quilt if the guys don't want to share, or if you don't want to share.

Muv - HAPPY BIRTHDAY

thomp116 - As Jenniky said, we will be around. Start something now and you have 364 days in which to finish it. That means you can even slot it in between other projects.

QuiltE - Am I reading correctly and Monty may get some friends? Or are you anticipating each of us will have our own version? Oops, shouldn't have said that. No point in giving you more ideas.

Canada D'Eh made it's debut on a damp Canada Day. It was draped over the seats of our red and white MINI in a car show at the event. Too bad I couldn't even open the windows so people could see it but here are two shots:
    Name:  MINI and quilt.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  1.04 MBName:  DSC00414.JPG
Views: 105
Size:  1.75 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Working for a living interferes with fun, but it pays for it.

Sorry, a third one ended up in there and I can't get rid of it. I guess you are stuck looking at a lot of red and white on this post.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Muv!!!!!!!

Here's wishing your the happiest and best one ever ..... and celebrating in ways that are special and important to you. So of course, I'm that probably means a good sewing day ... and perhaps a visit to The George? ..... and lots of birthday cake too!!!

Thanks for sharing your blog ... I'll be watching, and learning about your machines! (and what not to do around them ... eg. tea!). What a lovely model thistle!

So you know what is coming
    NOW ..........
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hHZqlvG9dY
    but it wasn't what you expected, was it???????

OK, so you want something more typical?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFh-rX_Sfhs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Muv!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

W4Me .... Ever so grant that Debut for Canada D'Eh!!!! You did yourself proud. Ever so sparkly despite the wet day, and certainly a Canada Day car!!! Your quilt was sitting so perfectly inside, nice and dry!

Now what are you going to do for an encore? Oh, you already said playmates for Monty!!!

So Ladies .... I take that as THE CHALLENGE IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who is going to create the first Friend of Monty???

Thomp ... Welcome to the Land of Patriotic Hearts!!! We're not going anywhere ... the thread that never ends! And so ... start by showing us some of your fabrics and a sketch or pattern!!! We'll be here to help cheer you on!!! hhhmmmm? maybe you'd like to start with the Friends of Monty Challenge?

I KNEW I shouldn't have said anything. You know that Monty will get Franky as a friend in August, right?

And Franky is patriotic??????????
    Oh sure ...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*snicker*

Good Morning all!

MUV - Happy happy b-day! Hope you have a nice day.

Jenniky - Thanks for the kind words. I am lucky to have a computerized component to my machine and frame, so I can't take all the credit for the quilting. But I do like how it turns out that my machine and I make a good team. lol

Thomp - Lot's of Patriotic holidays in the future. You'll get something done near one of them, never fear! And we'll be here to cheer! The pattern for the quilt came out of a Stash Dash in 2010 - using Pat Sloans fabric - Sweet Liberty and hence was called row of Sweet Liberty. Each set of blocks in the sampler was purchased as a kit one at each of the seven shops in the dash. They each had a certain final setting and you could purchase a finishing kit if you so desired. I just chose the setting I liked and added my own twists. Thanks for the kind words.

Works4Me - Well, DH has a quilt and I have another in the planning stage, DS is still deciding what kind he wants. But meanwhile he has an afghan I crocheted for him, so he won't freeze....(fat chance in July, eh?) Your quilt is gorgeous and the little car is so cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams...live the life you have imagined. Thoreau

QuiltE - Monty can't have a non-patriotic friend? Besides, in my home, Franky IS patriotic as I live in the land of Halloween 365 days per year. (Franky is short for Frankenstein for those not in the know. My next project is my own Halloween block of the month starting this August with a Frankenstein centre.)

happy birthday MUV!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muv View Post
    July 4th may be Independence Day to you. To me it's the day before my birthday.
    hope your birthday is grand!!!
    Liz / Calgary

Page 79 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 69 78 79 80 89 129 ... LastLast