Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 179 of 184 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 178 179 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1835

Thread: Newbies challenge

I need a mummy or a granny

I am up for grab. My intersts include flower gardening and home decor. I love to sew. I started quilting by the seat of my pant after helping a lady clean out her garage. she gave me some blocks that her dead MIL had started. Well, I did not get her quilt finished, but it into a quilt for my #1 grand son. Am I stuck in the middle also?

Im up for adoption !! Im very new to quilting ( though not to sewing ) and would love a mentor ! FMQ is what i will be doing on a domestic machine please pm me :-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Hi cathy in Pa I am from Pa also Near danville Pa maybe we coul get together for a chat and share some knowledge.let me know. lynn

I am new 2. Joined just this a week ago. SOMEBODY ADOPT ME PLEASE. Cant sew a straight line half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by valve2921
    I am new 2. Joined just this a week ago. SOMEBODY ADOPT ME PLEASE. Cant sew a straight line half the time.
    Welcome . I always said I could not draw a straight line with a ruler, but with the help of suggestions from members I am on the road of recovery with my seams. In no time you will be smiling at your seams, I am sure you will love it here.

newbie up for adoption (so to speak) I'm just starting. just starting sewing by machine as well. but really liked what I've seen of pieced quilts, so much more practical than many other types of sewing, at least to me. perhaps that's why my mom wasn't successful until now in getting me started. look forward to what i can learn. :thumbup:

Rhonda, have you adopted any one yet. I am still up for grab. My first pattern quilt was using your Boston block to make pinwheels. I am still trying to master squares, retangles and triangle, and getting the points right. I am sharing what I have learn with a group.

I would love to be adopted by someone. I have only been quitting a year and have no clue what I am doing especially with quitting. Would love someone who likes little kids and willing to help hands on especially. I am a very tactile/visual learner and can't sew a straight line to save my life. This board is very wonderful help and such a great resource.

Great idea. I so want to learn. I have taken a lot of classes but my cutting is so slow that I get lost in the group :) I am left handed and that seems to be a problem for a lot of people to teach me things :)

Page 179 of 184 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 178 179 180 ... LastLast