Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Countrygirl
    YEAH!!!!! I can't wait....
    "MY" silly child. I went to your blog and you do very nice work....

Some one who can help me learn to do paper piecing can adopt me. My son choose a pattern and I said Ya Right! But he keeps asking I have no clue and I want to enlarge the blocks and just do like maybe 4 in the center of the quilt. Let me see if I can find a link. Here we go is he expecting way to much? Looks like it to me.

http://www.quilterscache.com/B/BlurredVisionBlock.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl
    I'm up for adoption!
    if it is just piecing,cutting, patterns..i will adopt you. :)

This is super fantastic. I love having a quilting mommy!

I really need a mommy! I know how to use a sewing machine, never touched a long arm machine. I would love to learn hand quilting. I'm not saying that I won't machine quilt, I just want to be able to hand quilt. Please adopt me :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    I would love to help someone, however mitre's and FMQ are my two weaker links :wink: and I do not handquilt...
    I do love to paper piece, as well as piece and applique :D:D:D

Amma, pick me...pick me please! I started learning to quilt in 2008. Right after my first class, my daughter and grandson moved in with us and I lost my sewing area. She's moving out in two months and I want to get serious about this. I'm on the board almost daily and I love to learn. PP and applique are two of the things I'm most interested in learning right now. I have no idea how to attach either on my own.

:oops:

I'm with quazyquilter, QuiltingGrannie, Amme and Sewnsewer2. I've sewed for 41 years and quilted for 15. I've done beginner blocks, curved, PP, applique, some machine quilting and absolutely love hand-quilting. I know I don't know everything because there's too many areas to specialize in, but if anyone has a question that I can answer, please feel free. I'll do my best. PM me if you would like. :thumbup:

I'm thinking someone may want a new Daddy also. (Hey, Guys, where are you?) :lol:

Hey I want sewnsewer2 as my teacher.

I would love to help someone, though I will admit I'm a little intimidated by having to do it in cyberspace. I am a fairly experienced quilter but a "techi" I am not!! I can help with machine piecing of most sorts, I love hand work, such as applique, embroidery, hand quilting. Love the design process, rarely follow a pattern exactly, and love to choose my own fabrics and colors. Can't help too much with machine quilting, or machine applique. If it sounds like I could be a good "mom" for you, let me know!

Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 54 104 ... LastLast