Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   International Patriotic Challenge (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/international-patriotic-challenge-t186260.html)

debbieumphress 11-08-2012 09:35 AM

Good Dublb, I'll get to see what you are working on here at my retreat.....Isnthatodd just called, she'll be here shortly....Gaigai and Kwhite are on the way as well.....Can't wait to se ya. Hugs

wildyard 11-08-2012 09:46 AM

How cool that you all are getting together. Have a lovely time!!!

works4me 11-08-2012 03:49 PM

Sounds like that's going to be one fun retreat.

Jenniky 11-10-2012 04:11 AM

Dublb I hope you will share pictures of the retreat with us. :thumbup: Looking forward to seeing your Texas flag. :)

dublb 11-11-2012 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Debbie hosted another wonderful retreat in Granbury TX. I didn't git ta the TX flag but I did practice FMQ on this ta make a child's quilt & donated it ta Project Linus.

Muv 11-12-2012 10:44 AM

Hello Dublb, FMQ, great fun! How many miles of thread did you use? Great little quilt, love the postcard design.

Sorry I haven't been posting here, ladies. Happy late anniversary, Jenniky!

There is a growing pile of quilt sandwiches here...

dublb 11-12-2012 10:52 AM

Thanks Muv. I know I could have done those straight lines w/a walkin' foot but I needed the FMQ practice. I did learn that I can go forward & backward w/the straight lines but, sideways wasn't quite so good. I fell in love w/this fabric last spring but had no real use for it, so ta PL it goes.

Jenniky 11-12-2012 11:30 AM

Hello Muv and Thank you.. have missed your posts. :)
Dublb sounds like you had lots of fun and learned a great deal about FMQ. So what are you working on at home.. are you going to work on the flag kit at home? I of course am back to having ten thousand projects going on at once. I am trying to get one Christmas ornament done with in the next week so I have it ready to share when Quilt E gets back. Im making a Christmas ornament (with some Canadian fabric pieces Quilt E sent me some time back for Monty which is still in progress) for my Christmas tree this year in gratitude of all of my new Candian friends or should I call ya all Canucks?? LOL I think Im getting hockey confused with it all. :D :D :D

works4me 11-13-2012 06:51 AM

Glad you had a good time dublb and pleased that it was productive. Some child will be thrilled.

Good to hear from you Muv.

Hope the anniversary was a good one Jenniky. Hubby keeps sounding like a keeper. I'm really looking forward to your Christmas ornament. I have all sorts of ideas going through my head about what it will look like. On behalf of QuiltE and myself, we are honoured to be represented on your tree and we are proud to call you an honourary Canadian. Personally, I think Canucks are locked-out hockey players, but that's just me. :)

QuiltE 11-14-2012 05:37 AM

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack! :)

Jenniky ... Woohooo!!! a Canadian Christmas tree decoration. How sweet you are to honour W4Me and myself. ITA with her that you are our honourary Canuck. As for those hockey players .... there's always another year! :) And a Happy Belated Anniversary to you and MrJenniky! Everytime you tell us more about him, I can see how special he is. What a grand day for the two of you. Could only have been trumped if he'd taken you to the LQS and said, spend all you want Honey!! :)

DublB ... cute little quilt and good for you for practicing your FMQ and then sharing it with PL. Looking forward to seeing your Texas flag quilt.

Muv ... a Big Hello to you! Your pile of quilt sandwiches, is that your Coronation Quilt?