Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

oksewglad 06-01-2012 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5257036)
QuilterMomma--very cute lace bags!

Dublb--I still like your fabrics and blocks. :) Especially the potholder block...I will have to see if I can find that pattern in a 8 1/2" block and maybe use it for one of my substitutes.

Today I got binding cut for dd's quilt and my quilt top ironed so I can add the border tomorrow...maybe even get to sandwich and start quilting. It was chilly here today so hard to get motivated. It didn't help that errands in town took longer than expected.

Hey Carrie, here's a block I created in EQ. What do you think?

dublb 06-01-2012 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5258986)
Sylvia--great quilt! Always nice to make one "just for me". :)

QuilterMomma--very pretty...love the quilting.

I made good progress today...got the border on and quilting done on a simple lap quilt...just have to do the binding. Also my dd got her binding sewing on today and did paperwork for 4-H to take the quilt to Fair. She hopes to get the binding sewn down early next week. Here is a picture of her and her quilt right after she got the quilting done (I know it isn't finished yet, but thought everyone would appreciate her excitement.) :)

Oh man is she happy! That feelin' is why we quilt!

Originally Posted by BarbEllen (Post 5259106)
Wow there are so many beautiful finishes here since the last time I checked in.
Wildyard the beaches I am sorry for your loss. The Beach Quilt turned out so nicely.
So many amazing quilts & quilters here.
I did manage to finish this top from a UFO pile.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339303[/ATTACH]

Awesome! Beautiful colors & contrast. How small are those squares?

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5259211)
Great finishes rolling in!!! I have the wedding quilt all layered and pinned, just waiting for the fibro to ebb enough for me to handle the quilting.
I was looking for some inspiration for a patriotic challenge but instead came across the kaleidascope I started while waiting to be able to make it home from Ohio and got all inspired to finish that one up. I've got the blocks sewn together and today I cut the sashings. Here is a peek at the proposed layout I'm heading towards.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339312[/ATTACH]

That's gonna be lovely. I just love kaleidoscopes! I hope your fibro gets better. My DD suffers from it.

oksewglad 06-01-2012 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5259434)
Hey Carrie, here's a block I created in EQ. What do you think?

Ok let's try again.

dublb 06-01-2012 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5259488)
Ok let's try again.

That's it! I got it from Carol Doaks Mariners Compass book. It is the block for Australia.

oksewglad 06-01-2012 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 5259506)
That's it! I got it from Carol Doaks Mariners Compass book. It is the block for Australia.

Great dublb! This one finishes at 8 inches just perfect for our PC blocks. A block for mirabelle don't you think?

ranger 06-02-2012 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5258734)
Finally I get to post an unfinished for you since I gave a tease. Love how this came out and so does Whigrose.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339277[/ATTACH]

Oh QM, this one is a beauty!
Wonderful colors and layout and the quilting is gorgeous.
Great finish.

ranger 06-02-2012 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 5258986)
Sylvia--great quilt! Always nice to make one "just for me". :)

QuilterMomma--very pretty...love the quilting.

I made good progress today...got the border on and quilting done on a simple lap quilt...just have to do the binding. Also my dd got her binding sewing on today and did paperwork for 4-H to take the quilt to Fair. She hopes to get the binding sewn down early next week. Here is a picture of her and her quilt right after she got the quilting done (I know it isn't finished yet, but thought everyone would appreciate her excitement.) :)

Carrie, she is so excited. I love to see pics like this one.
This is the reason to pass on our love of quilting.....to see this enjoyment.

ranger 06-02-2012 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by BarbEllen (Post 5259106)
Wow there are so many beautiful finishes here since the last time I checked in.
Wildyard the beaches I am sorry for your loss. The Beach Quilt turned out so nicely.
So many amazing quilts & quilters here.
I did manage to finish this top from a UFO pile.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]339303[/ATTACH]

Nice work.
This one is kinda different with the layout.....the center area and the stars outside.
Unusual color combos too........I like it!
Great finish.

ranger 06-02-2012 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5259211)
Great finishes rolling in!!! I have the wedding quilt all layered and pinned, just waiting for the fibro to ebb enough for me to handle the quilting.
I was looking for some inspiration for a patriotic challenge but instead came across the kaleidascope I started while waiting to be able to make it home from Ohio and got all inspired to finish that one up. I've got the blocks sewn together and today I cut the sashings. Here is a peek at the proposed layout I'm heading towards.[ATTACH=CONFIG]339312[/ATTACH]

Linda (WY), looks like it will be a beautiful finish.
This pattern is on my LONG 'want-to-try' list.

Hope your fibro eases soon.

(Edited to say........I always meant to tell you that I love your signature quotation)

BarbEllen 06-02-2012 04:19 AM

Dublb, the squares finish at 2". I used a jelly roll from Kansas Troubles collection.
Ranger, The layout is different because I started the center and put it aside then used the rest of the jelly roll for the stars. Then my engineer son had to help me figure out how to combine them. I think he did a good job. As they say necessity is the mother of invention.
Thanks