Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/)
-   -   UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/quiltingboard-challenges-contests-f21/ufo-challenge-month-2012-a-t171904.html)

dublb 12-31-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S (Post 4828951)
I have followed other threads on this board where the quilter showed the progress in pictures as it evolved. I had such a good time watching the quilt come into being and, I think, showing people the steps helped the maker stay motivated. Maybe we could do something like that. I don't want to bore anyone but if everyone thinks it's a good idea I would sure like to see the actual projects while in progress. Not just when done.

I like this idea also. How dose everyone else feel?

Gramie bj 12-31-2011 08:27 PM

Ok! I agreed to join this thread before Christmas, but said I wouldn't start untill after I got my sewing area cleaned up. It is finally done!Yeah!! As I was cleaning I set aside all my UFO's as I found them:
1.- Dresdon Plate - have been cutting blades for about a year.
2.- Grandmother's Flower Garden - This has ben my take along project for over a year
3.- Fall Wall hanging - at least 2 years old
4.- Paper pieced wall hanging- only about 8 months old, my first try at freezer paper piecing, Class project.
5.- Snowman quilt- only about 4 months old
6.- Bargelo quilt- Class quilt, do not enjoy working on it, about a year old
7.- Square in a square quilt-Class project,made from kit, first time with Baticks, don't like the color, 5-6 yr.
8.- Quilt of Valor - This one is special- for my nephew
9.- Yard sale quilt- found hand emb. squars need to be sashed and joined
10.- Block exchange - from Boomarang 5 East, 3 monthsold
11.- Flannel quilt - Odd size and shape blocks, can't find or remember pattern, had it for at least 20 yrs!LOL
12.- Have 4 very simple tops made by DH grandmother in Late 50's or early 60's need to be quilted when I get more proficent on the long arm.
I know this is just a partial list. I am still going through my sewing stuf, while digging out Christmas ornaments found a plastic tub under a bed full of fabric! LOL Who knows what I'll find when I dig into the 2 full chest of drawers in the spare room!

MisDixie 12-31-2011 08:54 PM

I am sure I signed on to this challenge last year....and life got in my way. So I will try again. I did get a Christmas wall hanging almost done over the holidays so that shall be the first on my "UFO" list to finnish. Need the binding compleated and a hanging sleeve. Several waiting to be done. Now I need to learn that little 2 letter word..."NO"! I can be my own worst enemy for saying yes to other peoples projects.

Fraew 12-31-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by dublb (Post 4829209)
I like this idea also. How dose everyone else feel?

I like. :thumbup:

Quantum Leap 12-31-2011 10:48 PM

I like the idea of having a list will sort through mine and choose my first 5 things ( dont want to overwhelm myself too much lol )

annesthreads 01-01-2012 02:41 AM

Here's my list -you'll quickly spot a theme:

English garden - Nine-patch blocks from a swap on an online group - needs quilting
Abstract wall hanging - needs quilting
Bag – a kit, fabrics selected, but not started
Log cabin foundation – not started
Large Christmas wall hanging - needs quilting
Baby quilt – fabrics bought, not started
Crumb blocks - have made a pile of these - need some more, then sashing and quilting
Liberty fabrics, English patchwork. Sewn together - needs quilting and making into cushion cover
Hunter’s star - needs to be sewn together and quilted
Star blocks - a friend gave me about 80 small blocks. Need to be sewn together and quilted
Pattern for a cover for my Featherweight – not started
Sashiko kits - 2 x 12in squares. One finished, one in progress
Hand piecing - a Quilt University exercise. Curved piecing, abandoned in disgust and despair!
Christmas tree wall hanging - needs quilting
Hand pieced stars - passed on by a friend - lots to do on this!
Friendship stars - blocks from an online swap - needs quilting
A quilt for my Mum - has been a huge struggle, now trying to find fabrics I'm running short of
Waterfall – a design from Simply Quilts magazine. Have 103 batiks for this, but not yet started!
Bright n black stars - needs quilting
D9P lap quilt - needs quilting.

If I do all these, I should be an expert quilter by the time I finish!

Murphy1 01-02-2012 06:49 AM

I have a Venice Rose that has been sitting patiently to be completed. That in my January to do. I have a jury duty call for tomorrow, but if I don't get empaneled I will be ready to go.

NancyBelly 01-02-2012 07:30 AM

Gosh, this is one more reason to retire in 2014! I'd actually have time to do this challenge. How much fun and I'm going to keep checking up on all of you ;) Can't wait to see all the unfinished finished products!

mudose8 01-02-2012 07:51 AM

I'm in. I've been going thru UFO's and trying to get organized also. I thought I had a lot, but a lot of you guys have meet beat:o

AngieS 01-02-2012 09:19 AM

I am going to go through mine and make a list. :) I SOOOOO want to do this. :) I need to finish all this stuff I have laying around or find someone to donate it to....but I'm a bit on the hoarding side so I can't donate! :( So, I better get stichin! :)

I'll be back later with my list. :)