Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tuna Fish salad recipes!

Mine is basic like most of these but I will add dill weed and parsley for flavor. Give it a try.

bobbielinks, that is what I do too, varying the ingredients until I get the taste I want. Then use it for sandwiches or on a lettuce leaf. Have also stuffed it in tomatoes after hollowing out the tomato and it is good there as well.

I make it with tuna packed in water, a little mustard, boiled eggs (usually 2), onion, dill relish(we dont like sweet relish), and salad dressing (instead of real mayo). Hope this helps

Ditto to all above, but try adding a little yellow mustard and diced apple for a different taste. Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
    I use Chicken of the Sea albacore in water.I drain it and add celery a drop or 2 of vinegar and mayonnaise. My granddaughter likes it without the vinegar but with a few drops of pickle juice.
    Yes!!! Mouth is watering,that's lunch im heading to make it right now!

I use StarKist chunk white in water, add mayo, salt, pepper, dill weed (it really cuts the fishy taste of the tuna, which I don't like and Pampered Chef has a dill/garlic spice that is perfect), pickle relish, chives or onion, and capers if I have them to add a salty twist.

Blog Entries
    Chop a tomato and remove the seeds. Chop cucumber. Add corn niblets and spring onion. Add drained tuna. Wet it with whatever you like. (I like mayo.)
    Fortune favours the prepared mind
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." Albert Einstein

I use tuna packed in olive oil, chopped boiled eggs, celery, chopped very fine, a little minced onion, relish and mayo. If stored in frig and gets watery, add instant potato flakes. A little change of pace is a dab of dry mustard. This is also good with chopped chicken instead of tuna.

I also have added chopped apple to my tuna salad. Along with the celery, and pickle relish and mayo.sometimes boiled eggs.

Blog Entries
    2 cans Tuna ( drained if needed ),sweet pickle relish or chopped pickles , 2 boiled eggs, 1 stalk celery finely chopped, stuffed pimento olives, chopped fine, sprinkle all season salt (to your liking ) amounts really depend on what you like . I use mayonaise and mix all this together.
    TxCaRose

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast