Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tuna Fish salad recipes!

Best Tuna Fish salad recipes!

Hello gals..I am looking for the BEST tuna fish salad recipe..I have tried coming up with my own and something is missing..I don't like it real wet..semi-sweet..crunchy..please post only ones that you have used and liked..thanks!!
    Diana
    Tranquil Quilting-MI

bumble bee and brunswick brand tuna is being recalled..
    ​debra

Power Poster
    I just wing it so I can't give you an exact recipe. I drain 2 cans of tuna packed in spring water. I break it up with a fork in a big bowl. I add 1 finely chopped green onion. I add about 1 cup of thinly sliced celery for the crunch ( I use my mandolin) I boil one 375 g. package of whole wheat elbow macaroni until a la dente, run cold water through them in my colander, drain and add it to the tuna mixture when cool. I add spoonfuls of Miracle Whip until I get how I like it ( a little moist because it takes up moisture in the fridge) I sprinkle in some salt and pepper, mix it all up and refrigerate.

I just drain 2 cans of tuna, add Miracle Whip, sweat pickle relish, onions, and chopped eggs to suit my taste buds.

Vat
    I buy StarKist, chunk light tuna. On the pkg, it says fresher tasting , no draining , there is no water or juice in it. It comes in an aluminum packing. You cut the top off and it is really dry. Then I add boiled eggs, salad pickles, celery (if I have it), mayo, green bell pepper(If I have it). Doesn't get any water/juice from the tuna but a small amount after a couple of days (if it lasts that long) from the salad pickles.

I like it simple tuna, mayonnaise( I use quite a bit because I like it moist, you can always adjust the moistener) and celery. I like crunch in mine. If I using it as a salad I add elbow macaroni.

I use Chicken of the Sea albacore in water.I drain it and add celery a drop or 2 of vinegar and mayonnaise. My granddaughter likes it without the vinegar but with a few drops of pickle juice.

Blog Entries
    I like tuna, dill pickles, celery, carrots, egg and mayo. I don't like Miracle Whip. (That can probably stuart a huge discussion, It does in my family) Sometimes I skip the eggs and pickles and add some chopped dried cranberries and pecans and poppy seeds. Peppers are good in it too. Or you can skip the mayo and mash an avacado with a little lemon juice instead.

I've always made it with a head of chopped up lettuce, carrots, pickle relish (sweet and dill), onions and mayo.

To a small drained can of tuna, add 2 chopped boiled eggs, half of a chopped apple and sandwich spread. Sandwich spread is basically mayo with a little tomato and chopped sweet pickles added, but I prefer to use the sandwich spread.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast