Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Brandied fruit? >

Brandied fruit?

Brandied fruit?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:16 AM

One recipe that I found called for 1 pkg. yeast. That would do the same as the brandy. It would get the fermentation going.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Several years ago, we had a next door neighbor who was in her early 90's......she loved to cook. One afternoon she invited me over for a cup of coffee. With our coffee we had a wonderful bread, that she had made, called Friendship Bread. After complimenting her on the bread, she said "I am so glad you like it." Then she opened her freezer, it was loaded with loaves of the bread. She told me that a friend had given her a loaf, along with the recipe and some of the starter. She started baking and couldn't stop, she made the bread and fed the starter......she did not want to throw any of it away. She had been raised during the Great Depression. She figured that with six children (four of them teen age boys,) we could solve her problem. The kids loved it and I gave away all of the starter. What great memories they have of that time. When ever we have family gatherings, someone always remembers our dear neighbor and her bread. This has become a passed down family story.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:52 PM

well I have not heard about Brandied fruit before . I am vegetarian because of the fact that vegetables keep you healthy and fit and these contain vitamins and minerals which is desperately needed by our body . Do you mind ,if i ask you one question that this recipe may cause of fat or not, because most people including me are careful about food selection . They want to look slim . So I need your kind response over it .
Old 07-27-2012, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Davidryan View Post
well I have not heard about Brandied fruit before . I am vegetarian because of the fact that vegetables keep you healthy and fit and these contain vitamins and minerals which is desperately needed by our body . Do you mind ,if i ask you one question that this recipe may cause of fat or not, because most people including me are careful about food selection . They want to look slim . So I need your kind response over it .
Everything in moderation!

BTW a friend of mine never had a weight problem until she became a vegetarian. Too many of the high calorie foods in a vegetarian diet ... nuts, oils, carbs, grains etc. and forgetting that moderation is key even to a vegetarian!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-27-2012 at 03:50 AM.