Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast Smoothie

Anyone out there have a recipe for a breakfast smoothie that is good to use when you are on a low carb diet? I love strawberry/banana ones but getting a little tired of them. Would love to have some healthy new ones. Thanks in advance.

Wow - thanks - there are lots to choose from.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great recipe!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the great recipe!

Blog Entries
    Don't have a recipe, but wondering what you all use to make smoothies? My blender is a pain to use.....with lots of parts to be washed,dried & put together each time.Thinking about the Ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    Anyone out there have a recipe for a breakfast smoothie that is good to use when you are on a low carb diet? I love strawberry/banana ones but getting a little tired of them. Would love to have some healthy new ones. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Here is what I like to do for breakfast when I'm in a hurry.... Put some yogurt in the blender. Add a banana. Add some avocado (you won't taste it - it makes it creamy) Add some frozen blue berries. Add some Almond butter. Add some apple or applesauce. Add some quick if you wish. blend. Some times I save some in the freezer then add it to the next batch so it is cold.

I make smoothies all the time. Since I am alone I use what is called a "Magic Bullet". This works great. I highly recommend this item. If I am in a rush I can just take it with me to drink on the road.
    You can begin with yogurt or just use fruits like bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries etc.

I sometimes add ground flaxseed, or products from Sunridere or Global Light Networks. These products add more fiber to the smoothies

Correct spelling is Sunrider

My daughter makes them all the time, and just uses whatever fruit we have on hand. Bananas are good to add, because they are a good thickener. She starts with vanilla yogurt and adds banana, strawberries, blueberries, mangoes, orange juice, etc. Even frozen fruit works. To boost the protein, she mixes in protein powder. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast