Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
First time use of power pressure cooker.... >

First time use of power pressure cooker....

First time use of power pressure cooker....

Old 04-09-2017, 03:34 PM

Default First time use of power pressure cooker....

First, I must clarify that I purchased a power pressure cooker from the infomercial on tv......not instant pot as I originally stated.......but looking at both....almost identical....

anyway, so for supper Sunday, I had thawed out some babyback ribs and thought....why not.....found the recipe, cut back a bit on seasonings, and plugged it in, pushed the button and away it went........I sat on the front porch and read the manual......then I could smell...yum,yum.....yes! It worked!
Old 04-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I made Parmesan risotto in mine.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:36 PM

I love my pressure cooker too. My favorite soup recipe is the Minestrone soup that Olive Garden makes. But I like to do chicken in it, and ribs - all kinds of ribs. I need to try pulled pork, but my family is not a big fan so it would be for me. Stew (Beef or Chicken) - Pot Roast - Artichokes. Couldn't believe how wonderful the white rice came out - now I need to try brown rice.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:11 AM

...so where are you all getting these recipes?

Someone mentioned corn on cob........I never boil fresh corn! I simply put in zip lock bag, sprinkle a bit of water and nuke for 1/2 minutes.......or do that trick with corn still in husk ...love the way it slides right out.......fresh corn need not be cooked...it can be eaten right off the stalk....I have always been told if "boiled" the sugar turn to starch....

and rice.....faster on the stove? Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes....perfect.....and easier clean up than cleaning the p/c, I would think anyway..

but how does one make fried rice in p/c?
Old 04-10-2017, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
...so where are you all getting these recipes?

Someone mentioned corn on cob........I never boil fresh corn! I simply put in zip lock bag, sprinkle a bit of water and nuke for 1/2 minutes.......or do that trick with corn still in husk ...love the way it slides right out.......fresh corn need not be cooked...it can be eaten right off the stalk....I have always been told if "boiled" the sugar turn to starch....

and rice.....faster on the stove? Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes....perfect.....and easier clean up than cleaning the p/c, I would think anyway..

but how does one make fried rice in p/c?
if you do Facebook there is an Instant Pot Community group. If you don't mr google has tons of stuff. Put in fried rice recipe instant pot and see if you like any of them. The this Old Gal blog has a whole bunch of information and tested recipes. The Instant Pot has a sauté function which I like because my stove doesn't get splattered. If you are happy with rice on the stove keep doing it. I don't like to watch a pot. Not aware sugar turns to starch in corn?