Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Found this while searching for healthy recipes. >

Found this while searching for healthy recipes.

Found this while searching for healthy recipes.

Old 04-05-2017, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

Default Found this while searching for healthy recipes.

Fruits and vegetables are responsible for almost 80 percent of your daily intake of vitamins, minerals and other important nutrition.
And the science is backing it up. Just a couple of weeks ago, Fox News reported on a study at the University of Sydney (Australia). It said that when individuals 45 and up eat three to four servings of vegetables every day, they can significantly reduce stress levels.
Those who ate three to four servings of vegetables per day had a 12 percent lower risk of stress than those who didn't.
In another report published in a major science journal – and covered by Time magazine – researchers found that eating 10 servings of fruits and vegetables daily can prevent millions of deaths each year.
They estimate significantly lower risk of heart disease, stroke, cardiovascular disease, cancer and premature death for anyone who eats 10 servings of fruits and vegetables per day, compared to not eating any fruits or vegetables.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-05-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:48 PM

My Dr asked if I was eating 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables per day. I'm pretty good at that, so I could say with confidence "yes". Then she said "make it 3.5 cups per day". I guess this is one place that more is better.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:11 PM

I've recently started going to a nutritionist who does functional medicine for some problems I'm having with food and supplement sensitivities. The first thing she did was start me on a diet where I eat every 3 - 4 hours and have at least 3 cups each of fresh fruit, cruciferous vegetables and leafy green vegetables plus 3 servings a week of wild caught fish. I've been doing it for a month or so now and I have to say I'm starting to feel better already and am hopeful that she will help me even more.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

I've never believed you can get your vitamins from tablets. You can see that they just wash right out of your body into your urine immediately. The proper delivery system for our vitamins is fruits and veggies.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-06-2017 at 07:54 AM. Reason: remove proselytizing
Old 04-06-2017, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I've never believed you can get your vitamins from tablets. You can see that they just wash right out of your body into your urine immediately. The proper delivery system for our vitamins is fruits and veggies.
I agree 100%!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-06-2017 at 07:55 AM. Reason: to match edit in quoted post