Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Blog Entries

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Has anybody made jalapeno pepper jelly yet? I have some excess peppers and found a couple of recipes on a Google search. Looks interesting and they say it's good on cream cheese and crackers. I think it might be nice on Brie cheese too.

Let me know how you liked it if you made some. And would it be OK to freeze the jelly in small containers (because I don't have any small canning jars).

Thanks.

I make it almost every year...so good with pork! Never tried to freeze it tho, think it would separate. There's a no cook method for freezing fruit jams that you might experiment with. There was a thread about this jelly..was just recently.

I made it for the first time this year. Love the stuff. It's marvelous with cream cheese. I've seen suggestions to use it as a glaze for baked or grilled chicken. I haven't tried that yet, but I plan to. Also, mix it with peanut butter for another glaze. I like the pork idea, I'll have to try that! I saw another idea to use it in a peanut butter sandwich, I tried it and it's surprisingly good! I also have served a spoonful on top of cottage cheese, which was very good. Oh, and the first time I had it was at a BBQ restaurant and it was served with corn meal muffins!

BCM
    I have canned some and it is delicious. Never frozen any, but the Ball Canning Book has a section on freezing also. It may be of help to you. When canning it, the jars of jelly look so pretty and make lovely Christmas gifts.

http://www.food.com/recipe/jalapeno-pepper-jelly-71979
    I use this all the time but I add a few hababero peppers to give it some kick. Everyone loves it with cream cheese and crackers

Blog Entries
    I make it all the time!! Great on cream cheese!! Just Lately have tried it on egg rolls. Just the right combo of hot and sweet!

This recipe is wonderful and easy. I add a few more jalapeno peppers than called for. Here is the website.
    SURE.JELL Hot Pepper Jelly Recipe - Kraft Recipes

Blog Entries
    We make it and love it. We use the smaller jars and give it as gifts for Christmas. People look forward to get it each year. It can be a little addictive. Wear plastic gloves while you cut up the peppers.

I make this every year and it is always good and a hit. I also make Mango Jalapeno jelly which is really good too. I also make rosemary jelly with a taste of jalapeno. As well as whatever other fruit I have excess of plus jalapeno. It just adds a little kick to breakfast, lunch, dinner or any outdoor cooking you do. Have fun, as long as it is not too hot it will not go to waste.

I have made it for years. Makes an excellent glaze for BBQ'd meats, good on cream cheese too. I just cut the ends off the peppers, cut them into slices and throw them in, seeds and all. We kinda like spicy
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast