Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: looking for pickle recipe

I am looking for a recipe for pickles but I don't know what they're called. They are a brilliant green, cut into chunks, with a very unusual taste. Not dilly at all. They are made with peeled cucumbers. Any ideas what I'm talking about? Kind of like watermelon pickles but with this very strange taste.

Blog Entries
    Are they Bread and Butter Pickles? Those are my favorites.
    Here is a site that has differnt pickles. Check it out maybe you can find what your looking for.

http://www.thenibble.com/reviews/mai...e-glossary.asp

Ahh I do not remember what they are called either but a cousin makes them and they do have food coloring in them if they are the same one. Kind of a sweet sour taste.

[quote=Up North]Ahh I do not remember what they are called either but a cousin makes them and they do have food coloring in them if they are the same one. Kind of a sweet sour taste

Had put in gerkin but I think it may be an icicle pickle

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,icicle_pickles,FF.html

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/eight-d...es/detail.aspx

Yes icicile pickles and this is the closest recipe I have seen!!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/eight-d...es/detail.aspx

Blog Entries
    I have my MIL's recipe for 9 day pickles. They are chunks of cukes, but not peeled. They sit in a brine for a few days, then sugar, vinegar and spices for a few more days. if you want the recipe, I'd be glad to send it to you. The recipe is an old family treasure.

How about "Lime Pickles"? large green cucs are peeled, soaked in water/pickling (slack) lime then placed in syrup of white vinegar, sugar, cinnamon oil and clove oil. Most people think they are watermelon pickles. If that is what you are looking for, I can send the recipe. --Kona Linda--

Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
    I am looking for a recipe for pickles but I don't know what they're called. They are a brilliant green, cut into chunks, with a very unusual taste. Not dilly at all. They are made with peeled cucumbers. Any ideas what I'm talking about? Kind of like watermelon pickles but with this very strange taste.

My Aunt used top call them Slim Jims but also like Icesickle pickles. Used large ripe cucumbers,peeled chunks with a sweet syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by KonaLinda
    How about "Lime Pickles"? large green cucs are peeled, soaked in water/pickling (slack) lime then placed in syrup of white vinegar, sugar, cinnamon oil and clove oil. Most people think they are watermelon pickles. If that is what you are looking for, I can send the recipe. --Kona Linda--

Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
    Lime pickles is what I would say they are. Mrs Wages has a recipe on the bag of pickling lime. You use the larger cucumbers, just peel and cut the seeds out, then cut in chunks. They are delicious!!

Blog Entries
    Google for cinnamon pickles. These are made with HUGE cukes, the kind you usually throw away. They are bright red but can also be made bright green, according to the food color you use. They taste very much like cinnamon apples. They are delicious!!!!!!! Great for Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast