Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Party dishes... >

Party dishes...

Party dishes...

Old 01-10-2016, 04:44 AM

I made a very simple but delicious fruit salad that would work. I used a pineapple, about a dozen tangerines, 2 boxes each strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and mixed in enough greek honey yogurt to cover. Portions were very generous for twelve people and ample leftovers so might work for 25.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:49 PM

Down here in the south we go for cream cheese, love that stuff. In a pretty serving bowl, not too big, put one 8oz pkg of cream cheese, pour over the top a jar of Capt Greys Chutney; or a bottle of good salsa, serve salsa with Frito Scoops; for the chutney either trimmed crusty toast or wheat thins or whatever crackers/ breads you prefer.

bring cream cheese to room temp, then mix in some good mayonnaise till smooth, spread on toast crisps or a hearty bread cut into small squares or triangles or whatever cookie cutter you have; then top with sliced hot house cucumbers and serve open face. Down here you can hardly have a wedding without these "cucumber cookies" as my brother used to call them.

Soften 8 oz cream cheese, mix with drained crushed pineapple and a little mayonnaise; spread on bread cuts, toast, crackers, your choice, and put on a pretty plate to serve.

Use Lil Smokies, wrap with puff pastry triangles or trimmed down crecent rolls, bake until golden, then serve with or without a dip, honey mustard is usually good.

Marinated mozzarella, grape tomato, basil leaf stuck on a pick, lay crossways on serving plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar cooked down a bit, just before serving.

Thread on skewer cube of fully cooked ham, square of cheese and an olive and lay down on serving plates.

Hope this will help you

Last edited by delma_paulk; 01-10-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:44 PM

You all have been busy!
Party went off without a hitch. I used a poster's ideas of making Crab Rangoon dip and people loved it. Also made a recipe for marinated vegetables that I received from another poster. Wonderful!

Thanks again!
Watson
Old 01-15-2016, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

They say over 15,000 are sold every year during Fiesta in San Antonio. My favorite!!!!!
http://goodtaste.tv/recipes/showreci...osa-anticuchos
I made a platter of the Anticuchos and DH bought me flowers the next day. LOL