Pigs-in-a-blanket Recipe Wanted

Pigs-in-a-blanket Recipe Wanted

Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Hi,

How do you make pigs-in-a-blankets?

Vanessa
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

I use refrigerator rolls and little smokies. I place a sausage in the middle of the roll and pinch the dough up around it. Don't spray the tray. I set them on the tray so the pinched part goes on the bottom. THen bake for about 10 mins at 350 degress. Check the refrig rolls directions for oven degree. I use whatever it says.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 PM

I just use regular Bread or Roll Recipe, and they are great. Just but strips of the dough, wrap about the weiners, then bake until golden. Our kids grew up on them!
I have a refrig. roll dough that is a dream for that and about anything anyone would ever want to make from it; rolls, pigs..... cinn. rolls, pizza, ect.
Mariah.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM

Very easy recipe- Little smokies or any brand ( i use beef; any brand)and cheap refrigerated biscuits ( the 4pk )I use 2pkgs smokies to 4pk of biscuits) I cut 3 to 4 biscuit at a time into 4ths,take a biscuit triangle and wrap around smokie pinch and place pinch side down on greased cookie sheet about 1inch apart. Bake at 350degrees for approx 8 to 10 min.I take mine out when they just start to brown and brush lightly w/barbecue sauce and return to oven to finish browning. Every year they request that I make these for parties and teachers tea's at my children's school and the dish comes back empty everytime :cry: The key is don't use name brand biscuits or bbq sauce, parents and teachers say "I made them and they don't taste like yours". When I ask what brand did you use they say"namebrand" so and so.So it does make the difference in the taste. Enjoy!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 PM

I've made these for years, too. Use the little smokies (whatever variety you want), and refrigerated crescent rolls. I take the crescent rolls out of the package, and tear into squares along the perforations. I then will pinch the diagonal perforations closed. Using a pizza cutter, cut the squares into strips about 1/2" - 3/4" wide. Wrap each strip around a sausage.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until the rolls look puffed and golden brown. These are easy to make, and everyone likes them. You can also get them made up ahead of time, and put in the freezer instead of the oven. When they are frozen solid, bag them up in freezer bags and keep frozen. Easy to pop out of the freezer and into the oven. And if you're having a party, you can do these ahead of time and avoid any last-minute hassle, 'cuz they're already made.

If you want, you can brush the inside of the strips with a honey mustard, but I find these ones more difficult to work with (that honey mustard gets slippery and sticky). Instead of that, we just put out a dish of honey mustard for dipping in case anyone wants it.

Enjoy!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:39 AM

Now see!!! PIBs are different things in different areas.

PIBs to us is a ground beef and rice mixture wrapped up in cabbage leaves and cooked in a tomato base. Very yummy and traditional.

The things you're describing are just call Wrapped Wiennies to us! LOL
Old 06-11-2010, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Now see!!! PIBs are different things in different areas.

PIBs to us is a ground beef and rice mixture wrapped up in cabbage leaves and cooked in a tomato base. Very yummy and traditional.

The things you're describing are just call Wrapped Wiennies to us! LOL
You are so funny! Gave me a laugh this morning. LOL Well, technically they are just wrapped wiennies!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by amazon
Very easy recipe- Little smokies or any brand ( i use beef; any brand)and cheap refrigerated biscuits ( the 4pk )I use 2pkgs smokies to 4pk of biscuits) I cut 3 to 4 biscuit at a time into 4ths,take a biscuit triangle and wrap around smokie pinch and place pinch side down on greased cookie sheet about 1inch apart. Bake at 350degrees for approx 8 to 10 min.I take mine out when they just start to brown and brush lightly w/barbecue sauce and return to oven to finish browning. Every year they request that I make these for parties and teachers tea's at my children's school and the dish comes back empty everytime :cry: The key is don't use name brand biscuits or bbq sauce, parents and teachers say "I made
them and they don't taste like yours". When I ask what brand did you use they say"namebrand" so and so.So it does make the difference in the taste. Enjoy!
When you say 4pk, are you saying where you can buy 4 cans of biscuits at a time?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I use refrigerator rolls and little smokies. I place a sausage in the middle of the roll and pinch the dough up around it. Don't spray the tray. I set them on the tray so the pinched part goes on the bottom. THen bake for about 10 mins at 350 degress. Check the refrig rolls directions for oven degree. I use whatever it says.
Do you buy refrigerator rolls by the can like canned biscuits?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
I just use regular Bread or Roll Recipe, and they are great. Just but strips of the dough, wrap about the weiners, then bake until golden. Our kids grew up on them!
I have a refrig. roll dough that is a dream for that and about anything anyone would ever want to make from it; rolls, pigs..... cinn. rolls, pizza, ect.
Mariah.
Do you make the bread or roll dough yourself or do you buy it?