Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Favorite pots and pans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/favorite-pots-pans-t119302.html)

AnnaK 04-27-2011 05:35 PM

It's about time to replace the pots I've had for over 10 years and I am looking for feedback from you cooks as to what is the best cookware you can recommend? I've had non-stick that I was happy with in the beginning but as time passed, it got scratched and it is definitely time to replace. Tell me what you prefer and why. And if money were no object, what would you have in your kitchens? Thanks.

lauriejo 04-27-2011 05:45 PM

Revere Ware without question, the ones with the copper bottoms. I love mine, will never buy non-stick again.

fraydknot12326 04-27-2011 05:45 PM

Don't cook enough to be of help ..

sueisallaboutquilts 04-27-2011 05:50 PM

Hi Anna, my husband is the major cook here. He loves IronClad and Henckels, He also said anything that is copper-clad.
We've had Revere Ware since our wedding and it's still going strong after many years!! :D

AnnaK 04-27-2011 05:53 PM

Macy's has a great sale on All Clad but since I've never used them, I wanted to get some confirmation from people who cook a lot. Thanks for your posts.

Joanie2 04-27-2011 06:13 PM

Miss Anna, I have a lot of Revere ware but for fry pans I totally love Earth Pans. No oil needed and they never stick. Wipe them out with a paper towel. If you can hold off, watch for the next Meyer sale in Vallejo. Huge savings on lots of brands. Google them for info.
Also sending you a PM.

icon17 04-27-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
It's about time to replace the pots I've had for over 10 years and I am looking for feedback from you cooks as to what is the best cookware you can recommend? I've had non-stick that I was happy with in the beginning but as time passed, it got scratched and it is definitely time to replace. Tell me what you prefer and why. And if money were no object, what would you have in your kitchens? Thanks.

The ones that come wrapped in fabric of course!!!! :lol:

BETTY62 04-27-2011 08:37 PM

My husband and I bought a set of Salad Master cook ware in 1965. Although I thought it was overpriced at the time, it has shown little ware and still looks really good 46 years later. At this point, I really feel like it is going to last us for the rest of our lives. Does anyone know if Salad Master is even in business today?

quiltbuddy 04-28-2011 03:57 AM

I have a set of All Clad which I love and a set of heavy copper bottomed Revere Ware which I don't think they make anymore, at least not the heavier ones. I've been looking for a few good nonstick skillets and I think I want ManPans. Google them to see what they're like. A Le Creuset dutch oven and a Fagor pressure cooker is also great to have.

ssgramma 04-28-2011 04:07 AM

If $$$ were no object then all Le Creuset for me. Their large frypan makes yummy fried chicken!

I have 30+ y.o. Revere too but only use the sauce pans and stockpot, not the skillets. For skillets I like the nonstick from Sam's or Costco and I just get new every few years when they get chipped. Well, more like every 5-10 years.