Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Favorite pots and pans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/favorite-pots-pans-t119302.html)

dmyers 04-28-2011 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnaK
Macy's has a great sale on All Clad but since I've never used them, I wanted to get some confirmation from people who cook a lot. Thanks for your posts.

I have the full set of All Clad LTD, they still look brand new. I've had them for 12 yrs. I use Bar Keepers Friend to keep them clean and shiny. I also have Le Creuset baking pans, they are heavy but cook well. The surfaces do get scratched if you don't use the right utensils. Love the colors! Good luck with your choice.

quiltbuddy 04-28-2011 04:26 AM

Also a cast iron skillet with a lid is good to have.

frauhahn 04-28-2011 04:49 AM

42 years ago, I bought a set of Aristo-craft pans by Westbend. My mother berated me at the time, saying I woud need to use them the rest of my life to get my money's worth out of them. I noticed how many times after that my mother had to replace her cheaper ones. . .I'm still using the Aristo-craft after all these years, and they still look good. My point is, quality is worth paying for.

Chay 04-28-2011 04:53 AM

Got a big set of non stick cookware that is the Costco brand and it has held up like iron. When I stack them
I put squares of that rubber stuff that you line cupboards with - kind of poofy with the little holes, very light weight - in between each piece. That has kept them looking like new.

CaroleLee 04-28-2011 06:02 AM

I have All Clad and I am very happy with it. I recommend you check Consumer Reports before buying. They have a line they rated almost as good as All Clad and a lot less expensive.

ptquilts 04-28-2011 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Revere Ware without question, the ones with the copper bottoms. I love mine, will never buy non-stick again.

ditto, plus cast iron, but that would depend on your cooktop surface?

Pots and pans are one of those items that it is worth spending more money to get really good ones. Not necessarily the hundred dollar pans from the fancy kitchen store, maybe pick up some older Revereware or Farberware at a thrift store/flea market etc.

marthe brault-hunt 04-28-2011 07:19 AM

Lagostina , I just bought 5 pots for $139 CA. I also own a cast iron pot and different sizes of skillets.

jbj137 04-28-2011 07:26 AM

Miracle Maid waterless.
They use to be sold and house parties
(where they cook for you).
Have had mine for 40 years.
J J

edensgaite 04-28-2011 07:35 AM

I was gifted with a set of Paula Deans kitchenware this past Christmas. It's not top of the line kitchenware but I am loving 'em.

Melody 04-28-2011 07:47 AM

Health Craft. I think it is similar to Salad Master. We bought it in 2000... the entire (and I do mean entire) set. :shock: I am too embarrassed to tell you much it cost. I will say that I love it and it will definitely last the rest of our lives. But what will I ever do with a huge pasta pot that includes the self draining stainless steel colander inside of it?? Half of the set is in the back of the cupboards, part of it is in the camper and part of it we use daily. I have to say this was DH's idea, not mine.... and he doesn't cook! I love to cook, but my goodness, I'm not Paula Deen! :lol:

Melody