Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite pots and pans

Blog Entries
    It's about time to replace the pots I've had for over 10 years and I am looking for feedback from you cooks as to what is the best cookware you can recommend? I've had non-stick that I was happy with in the beginning but as time passed, it got scratched and it is definitely time to replace. Tell me what you prefer and why. And if money were no object, what would you have in your kitchens? Thanks.

Revere Ware without question, the ones with the copper bottoms. I love mine, will never buy non-stick again.

Don't cook enough to be of help ..

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Anna, my husband is the major cook here. He loves IronClad and Henckels, He also said anything that is copper-clad.
    We've had Revere Ware since our wedding and it's still going strong after many years!! :D

Blog Entries
    Macy's has a great sale on All Clad but since I've never used them, I wanted to get some confirmation from people who cook a lot. Thanks for your posts.

Blog Entries
    Miss Anna, I have a lot of Revere ware but for fry pans I totally love Earth Pans. No oil needed and they never stick. Wipe them out with a paper towel. If you can hold off, watch for the next Meyer sale in Vallejo. Huge savings on lots of brands. Google them for info.
    Also sending you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    It's about time to replace the pots I've had for over 10 years and I am looking for feedback from you cooks as to what is the best cookware you can recommend? I've had non-stick that I was happy with in the beginning but as time passed, it got scratched and it is definitely time to replace. Tell me what you prefer and why. And if money were no object, what would you have in your kitchens? Thanks.
    The ones that come wrapped in fabric of course!!!! :lol:

My husband and I bought a set of Salad Master cook ware in 1965. Although I thought it was overpriced at the time, it has shown little ware and still looks really good 46 years later. At this point, I really feel like it is going to last us for the rest of our lives. Does anyone know if Salad Master is even in business today?

I have a set of All Clad which I love and a set of heavy copper bottomed Revere Ware which I don't think they make anymore, at least not the heavier ones. I've been looking for a few good nonstick skillets and I think I want ManPans. Google them to see what they're like. A Le Creuset dutch oven and a Fagor pressure cooker is also great to have.

If $$$ were no object then all Le Creuset for me. Their large frypan makes yummy fried chicken!

I have 30+ y.o. Revere too but only use the sauce pans and stockpot, not the skillets. For skillets I like the nonstick from Sam's or Costco and I just get new every few years when they get chipped. Well, more like every 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    Macy's has a great sale on All Clad but since I've never used them, I wanted to get some confirmation from people who cook a lot. Thanks for your posts.

I have the full set of All Clad LTD, they still look brand new. I've had them for 12 yrs. I use Bar Keepers Friend to keep them clean and shiny. I also have Le Creuset baking pans, they are heavy but cook well. The surfaces do get scratched if you don't use the right utensils. Love the colors! Good luck with your choice.

Also a cast iron skillet with a lid is good to have.

42 years ago, I bought a set of Aristo-craft pans by Westbend. My mother berated me at the time, saying I woud need to use them the rest of my life to get my money's worth out of them. I noticed how many times after that my mother had to replace her cheaper ones. . .I'm still using the Aristo-craft after all these years, and they still look good. My point is, quality is worth paying for.

Got a big set of non stick cookware that is the Costco brand and it has held up like iron. When I stack them
    I put squares of that rubber stuff that you line cupboards with - kind of poofy with the little holes, very light weight - in between each piece. That has kept them looking like new.

Blog Entries
    I have All Clad and I am very happy with it. I recommend you check Consumer Reports before buying. They have a line they rated almost as good as All Clad and a lot less expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Revere Ware without question, the ones with the copper bottoms. I love mine, will never buy non-stick again.
    ditto, plus cast iron, but that would depend on your cooktop surface?

Pots and pans are one of those items that it is worth spending more money to get really good ones. Not necessarily the hundred dollar pans from the fancy kitchen store, maybe pick up some older Revereware or Farberware at a thrift store/flea market etc.

Lagostina , I just bought 5 pots for $139 CA. I also own a cast iron pot and different sizes of skillets.

Blog Entries
    Miracle Maid waterless.
    They use to be sold and house parties
    (where they cook for you).
    Have had mine for 40 years.
    J J

I was gifted with a set of Paula Deans kitchenware this past Christmas. It's not top of the line kitchenware but I am loving 'em.

Health Craft. I think it is similar to Salad Master. We bought it in 2000... the entire (and I do mean entire) set. :shock: I am too embarrassed to tell you much it cost. I will say that I love it and it will definitely last the rest of our lives. But what will I ever do with a huge pasta pot that includes the self draining stainless steel colander inside of it?? Half of the set is in the back of the cupboards, part of it is in the camper and part of it we use daily. I have to say this was DH's idea, not mine.... and he doesn't cook! I love to cook, but my goodness, I'm not Paula Deen! :lol:

Melody

Quote Originally Posted by jbj137
    Miracle Maid waterless.
    They use to be sold and house parties
    (where they cook for you).
    Have had mine for 40 years.
    J J
    My father used to sell Miracle Maid back in the 70's and so I had a set of those as well. None of it has lasted, sorry to say, but it sure did cook some awesome meals! I do still have the large 24 cup coffee maker, which I now use for hot spiced cider.

I always wondered if anyone else used and liked it as much as me.

Melody

I use only Paderno Pots, they are made on Prince Edward Island Canada
    www.paderno.com

TreeFrog

Edited... Lifetime guarantee!

Blog Entries
    I love my EmerilWare and would reccommend it to anyone.

Salad Master --- had my set for over 30 years. I would go with any other brand after using these.

I have a set of Paula Deen cookware in the red speckled pattern that I picked up on a good sale at Odd Lots and I love it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast