Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Favorite pots and pans (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/favorite-pots-pans-t119302.html)

Alice Woodhull 04-28-2011 03:04 PM

I bought a set of Seal OMatic before I got married. We celebrated our 50th April 2. I still have it and it is still as good as the day I got it. They replace it if anything happens to it. It has changed somewhat and the replacement pieces aren't as heavy as the original. I paid over $200 for it and my husband thought that was exhorbitant, cost morethan our first refrigerator. I'm on my 4th fridge, and my first cookware. Figure that!

CaroleLee 04-28-2011 03:13 PM

If someone is looking for waterless cookware, check e bay. I bought a complete set that looked like new for not much money.

cherrio 04-28-2011 03:34 PM

I have COOK'S ESSENTIALS and love them. My sister had a problem with hers scratching but she has a tendency to use metal -forks etc.

Jannie 04-28-2011 04:32 PM

I have Cutco & Kitchen Craft by Westbend pans. Both are a little pricey but, money well spent.

DianD 04-28-2011 04:51 PM

I also have an All Clad Chef's Set, plus some extra pieces. I've catered for 25 years, so good cookware is a must. I wouldn't trade my All Clad for anything!

QuiltswithConvicts 04-28-2011 07:14 PM

Money was sort of an object, but DH & I bit the bullet & I got Calphalon cookware. I was tired of getting new pans every few years. I bought these before 1991 when we lived in New Hampshire, so they are at least 21+years old. I bought a basic set & added pans I thought I would use. My favorite is the 8 qt stock pot as I make large batches of spaghetti sauce & this pot is perfect for simmering it all day long!. The only pan I don't really like is a 12" lidded skillet as everything sticks to it. The 2 saute pans I have are fab as they seasoned up great. Instructions don't say you need to do it, but this worked for me well. Even scrambled eggs don't stick. I figure they will be fought over when I'm gone! :-)

RugosaB 04-28-2011 08:04 PM

There's an outlet mall up in Michigan, with a Farberware store. About 10 years ago we replaced all our non-stick, except we did buy one frying pan

jane65us 04-28-2011 08:21 PM

Stainless Steel Cookware from West Bend Co in Wisconsin... I've had mine for 45+ years, needed to replace handles and they did it for free, it has a lifetime warrenty...

Quilter2B 04-29-2011 09:18 PM

i have a set of faberware that is 30 years old and it still looks fairly new. I love it for cooking noodles, sauces, stews, vegetables but I don't like the frying pans - for that I prefer the non-stick.

gus 05-01-2011 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Money was sort of an object, but DH & I bit the bullet & I got Calphalon cookware. I was tired of getting new pans every few years. I bought these before 1991 when we lived in New Hampshire, so they are at least 21+years old. I bought a basic set & added pans I thought I would use. My favorite is the 8 qt stock pot as I make large batches of spaghetti sauce & this pot is perfect for simmering it all day long!. The only pan I don't really like is a 12" lidded skillet as everything sticks to it. The 2 saute pans I have are fab as they seasoned up great. Instructions don't say you need to do it, but this worked for me well. Even scrambled eggs don't stick. I figure they will be fought over when I'm gone! :-)

I also have these and have started getting some pcs for niece's and nephew we all love them