Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rhubarb Custard Dessert

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    Well there would be eggs in the cake mix. But you could scrape that off and just eat the rhubarb custard on the bottom.
    That would hurt my belly (and lungs and...) too, but I was thinking there's a chance I can find an eggless yellow cake recipe. Might not be identical, but I can still pretend at that point.
    Tammi - I've found that many baby steps tend to get you further than a huge leap in followed by a huge leap out - http://www.archaicarcane.com
    Singer 431G, 411G, 301A, 2x 221 (featherweight), 222k - the holy grail, 99, 115, 15-90 Centennial, 27, VS2, 28 hc, 128 knee bar, 201-2, Pfaff 130-6. Non-Vintage - Pfaff 6122, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81595 serger, Kenmore (Janome) 385.81155, 2013 APQS Lucey

Blog Entries
    This is a great recipe, I have been making it for years. A yellow or white cake mix is just fine.

Rhubarb custard cake

Would any other fruit work instead of rhubarb? Sure sounds good but would be interested in a substitute.

Blog Entries
    Hello Purple passion. I have this in the oven now. I didn't know how big to chop the rhubarb? So it is pretty small. Just pour the un-whipped cream over? that is what I did.ha. I love rhubarb. I'm taking it to our Church Domino games tonight. It's a test! I hope I did it right. Thanks so much.

Oh my sounds wonderful we love anything Rhubard. Ingreds. on my grocery list.

Blog Entries
    Yahoo! The cake is out and I couldn't wait. Dipped a hot piece out and Yummmm! Don't know if I'm gonna take it to dominoes or not. May take cheese and a pizza, and keep the cake at home.ha.

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    Hello Purple passion. I have this in the oven now. I didn't know how big to chop the rhubarb? So it is pretty small. Just pour the un-whipped cream over? that is what I did.ha. I love rhubarb. I'm taking it to our Church Domino games tonight. It's a test! I hope I did it right. Thanks so much.
    I just cut it in about 1/2" pieces. Yes just pour the unwhipped cream over top. It is so easy. I can't wait for my rhubarb to get bigger. My little GS likes to pick the little stalks and eat them while he is out in the yard.

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I just cut it in about 1/2" pieces. Yes just pour the unwhipped cream over top. It is so easy. I can't wait for my rhubarb to get bigger. My little GS likes to pick the little stalks and eat them while he is out in the yard.

Purple Passion ~

What size baking dish do you use when you cut the recipe in half? Do you then use one of those small Jiffy Mix cake mixes?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by FairviewFarm View Post
    Purple Passion ~

What size baking dish do you use when you cut the recipe in half? Do you then use one of those small Jiffy Mix cake mixes?

TIA
    I use a 9 x9 cake pan, or you can use a square corning ware dish. I don't like the taste of the Jiffy mix so I use half a box of cake mix and save the rest for another time. But if you like Jiffy mix you can use that .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast