Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
What Betty Crockers Recipes do you make from the cookbooks? Please post recipes! >

What Betty Crockers Recipes do you make from the cookbooks? Please post recipes!

What Betty Crockers Recipes do you make from the cookbooks? Please post recipes!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Google Goddess

I just made this tonight and very good. I will make again.

Pot Roast in Foil from Betty Crocker's Cookbook

4 pound beef chuck pot roast * (arm blade, inside roll or shoulder clod)
* a boneless rump, top round or bottom round roast can be used in this recipe
1 envelope (about 1 1/2 ounces) dry onion soup mix
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup

Place 30 x 18 inch piece of heavy duty aluminum foil in baking pan. 13 x 9 x2 inches; place meat on foil. Sprinkle soup mix over top of meat and spread with cream of mushroom soup. Fold foil over meat and seal securely. Cook in 300 degress oven 4 hours
8 -10 servings
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 PM

I use the lasguana (sp) sauce recipe for my spaghetti. I like my sauce to have a lot of body to it.

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 08-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

I LOVE that cookbook!!!!!! I just found an older copy for DD, who just go her first apartment, I would have given her mine, but its just worn out.................stained, ripped, and very LOVED!!!!!!!
I used to make the bread recipe from there every week when my kids were small, lol, they used to want Wonder bread like the other kids!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Google Goddess

I love the old Betty Crocker cookbooks!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:06 AM

I know I make the cinnamon rolls and I think I have made the orange rolls also. I believe the subgum pork recipe that I make is in there too. Mine is old and tattered too and I even found an older version that I would not part with. Libby
Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 AM

I have been looking for the older ones for a while, they had a pancake recipe in there to die for. My aunt whom I lived with as a kid made those all the time and yummy. Mine always turned out as an adult like fresbies. Yup with runny home made syrup. lol. Kids are in thier 40's and still remember my pancakes as I remember hers. They roll on the floor everytime we do that conversation.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 AM

I have been looking for the older ones for a while, they had a pancake recipe in there to die for. My aunt whom I lived with as a kid made those all the time and yummy. Mine always turned out as an adult like fresbies. Yup with runny home made syrup. lol. Kids are in thier 40's and still remember my pancakes as I remember hers. They roll on the floor everytime we do that conversation.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:20 AM

My first cookbook was Betty Crocker 1969 version. I still make several recipes that I copied. I do not have the book any more but wish I did.
Don't have them handy right now or I would list some for you. Perhaps later today or tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:01 PM

Girls, went to mine and it is a First Edition-4th Printing from 1961. Found in it the yummy pancake recipe and DH and I decided these were a must for a cold, wintry morning which is surely to come. Also found something which gave us a chuckle. This book was given to us as a wedding gift in December of 1965. Found today, tucked inside . . . a list of ALL our bills for then (this included utilities, furniture, etc.) Grand total of $235.60! This included an $11.50 payment on my first SINGER (which I bought from the local SINGER dealer on a rent to own deal). Thanks for prodding me to the pancake recipe and a lot of good memories!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:03 PM

What is subgum pork?