Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard >

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Old 02-25-2014, 10:18 AM

I started the train rides with the 4th one, I had planed on donating it but after looking at it I just could not part with all the memories in the fabric. So that is my first quilt I ended up making for me. I want to try #2 soon.

But here is a test for my fabric for the points. I think it will still work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]464449[/ATTACH]

I will just make sure I have the block flipped a little better. I think more solids to the outsides.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI3494e.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	464449  
Old 02-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Ok, I gotta ask ... I am very nosey .... of those of you who have done all or some of my mysteries, which is your favorite?
Judy, besides this one (not put together yet), I've done #2 Carpenter's Star, #3 Irish Chain, and #4 Stash Buster. #4 is my favorite because it made me realize that I really do like scrappies. I finished that one and am now making blocks for a second. I also like #2, which I enlarged to suit my needs. Thanks for the great job you do!
Old 02-25-2014, 11:06 AM

thanks, Evie. I love #2 also -- it sits on my round kitchen table, with a beige 60" topper underneath. Also had made a wall hanging out of that pattern to hang over the bed in the the guest room. I love scrappies, and I think I may do another scrappy mystery in the future. I seem to pick up a few scrappy converts with each one.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
TADA! I've got it all together for all to see! This mystery is the first pic. The 2nd pic is the WIP that I told ya'll about. This is just the center of the quilt, there's still more to come on it.
Cindy Girl................They are Beautiful!! I love how you have made your table runner larger than the original pattern & your Batik's all blend together so nicely. Your circle project looks amazing too, what a lot of work. I can hardly wait to see it when you are finished with it. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:25 AM

I have been saving the directions and am looking forward to finishing my reno on the kitchen so I can play. This is a winner, Judy. A favorite?? I don't have one, but #4, the scrap buster has been favored my friends and family.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Am I the only one that has found out that if you twist the blocks a certain way the sashing matches up? This was discovered while in pursuit of the ever elusive goal of keeping the same color from touching. I am calling it an innovative design element and leaving it the way it is, since my triangles (set-ins) and sashing are the same color it will hardly show. My story and I'm sticking to it.
LOL I thought they were supposed too! I matched all mine and had one left over that didn't match, so I had to take it apart and redo it.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
These are the addresses I have saved, so I guarantee nothing. They might put you in the middle of the thread so just go back to the beginning, or the end if you want to see final products.

Mystery Trains
#1: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...180032-51.html my blk & yellow butterflies
#2: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...188477-76.html star surrounded by star
#3: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...203100-61.html irish chain
#4: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...e-t209515.html my stash buster
#5: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...215243-50.html my July 4th runner
I still need to finish #3, I have all the blocks, they just need to be sewn together. I really liked #4 too.
#5 is fast and fun

Edit: I just found #2 and how it turned out, wow, what a beauty. I want one!! Judy do you happen to have it in a PDF so it is easy to download or email?

Last edited by reeskylr; 02-25-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Cindy Girl................They are Beautiful!! I love how you have made your table runner larger than the original pattern & your Batik's all blend together so nicely. Your circle project looks amazing too, what a lot of work. I can hardly wait to see it when you are finished with it. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Cheryl! Yes, it was a lot of work on that paper pieced one. It's been on the board awhile now waiting for the circles to be stitched together & the corner triangles put in. Those were done the 10-minute block way. It was challenging to do it that way, but the result was worth it! I'm going to do the triangles for the borders, but this quilt will not finish square! Stay tuned for the outcome....you're going to love it!
Thanks Judy for the kick in the pants to get this put together!

Last edited by Cindy60545; 02-25-2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 02-25-2014, 02:02 PM

Lots of members know I used the scrappy mystery for some quilts using my late MotherInLaw's stash. She wanted all her grandchildren to have a quilt from her. Judy's mystery was the perfect pattern for these 23 quilts I made last year. You can find pictures of them in my profile album. I put a link in my signature. I'm going to use this current mystery for one of the sisterinlaw quilts I need to make. I'll post my pic as soon as I get caught up.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:27 PM

My PC has been down,so have some catchimg up to do.
All the tops are sooo pretty,sure hope mine looks as good when I get it finished