Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KSellers View Post
    Finally I figured out how to post these -- I hope anyways. I have had a great time following this mystery. Could that train swing through Spring Branch, Tx and pick me up?? It sounds like ya'll are having lots of fun and I'd like to join the fun.
    KSellers, I love your fabric mix.... it really gives a zing to this whole project. Feel like leaning towards that in future projects will work with fabric collections and leave the blending to the professionals instead of trying to put fabrics together myself. Just really don't seem to have an eye for it.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    My Daughter just rescued a 1916 Singer 'Sphinx' treadle ....... it looks just like the one i learned to sew on with my Aunt when i was three ( she worked the treadle and i fed the cloth and then i learned how to do the treadle while she sewed, we had so much fun 1942/1943 ) going to try to send a picture.

Blog Entries
    Greetings ladies!!! Well the bacc. show and receptions were wonderful. So good to see daughter. WOW! She even had a dress on. Lots of food/baked goods and such came back home with us. Not as many people to the after reception, but it was fun.

KSellers - you are my type of lady. Love the blacks and whites. In fact, I drewled (SP) over your boarder fabric.

Sunliten - you made my day. Both Dh and I love the Janet E books and went to see the movie. But for the life of me I couldn't come up with Grandma M's real name. Thank you!!! Also have a treadle machine that DH purchased at a garage sale for $5. It has been sitting here for over a year, because he was going to fix the drawers, get new belt and then sell it. I think he dated it 1892. I maybe will have to look at it to see what it reallly is.

I went to 2 fabric stores while gone. Told DH it was mine turn (he went to Harbor Freight the last time he was in Fargo). So I found some "purpose" purchases and then some "fun" ones for me. Now I get to start playing. Today I have been downstairs in the "sewing" section of the basement, trying to organize. 9 months ago today Mom came to live with us and my sewing room went downstairs in piles. Haven't found the fabric for DD's quilt or the sudoka quilt top that I want to finish. Oh well, I will need to go through some more boxes. My goal is to find the table down there in the next week. DH will be out of state for conference so I will be able to "putter" around to my hearts delight.

Can't wait for the last clue. But have started thinking about the next mystery. There were lots of fabrics that I wanted to buy, but will wait Judy to find out what the new one will be.

Okay, everrose, you have until May 9th to get your stash in order so you can start poking around in there for the next mystery!
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    got the geese done today so ready for next step. PaintmeJudy i hope those little triangles we cut off the flying geese undersides arent needed later in this mystery quilt. They sort of migrated into pinwheels!

Blog Entries
    Okay - I found the sudoka top. Haven't found the fabric for DD's quilt. Don't know how I could "misplace" 9 yards of fabric, but I have. Might have to do some other "cleaning". Heaven forbid.

Because I used to make fabric notecards, note pads and ledgers, I have a HUGE assortment of children, transportation and animal fabric. So I might have to start some large square quilts to use up some of these pieces. If anyone has a collection of a specific "thing" let me know, I might have some that I could send.

Judy, I'm going to mark May 9th on the calendar so I have something fun to look forward to. I purchased black for the back of this mystery. After I see how these geese are supposed to go on, I will think about putting another focus border on it or maybe I will use it as the binding.

Have a great evening ladies!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    My Daughter just rescued a 1916 Singer 'Sphinx' treadle ....... it looks just like the one i learned to sew on with my Aunt when i was three ( she worked the treadle and i fed the cloth and then i learned how to do the treadle while she sewed, we had so much fun 1942/1943 ) going to try to send a picture.
    Oh Sunlite I would love to see pictures of the 1916 Singer 'Sphinx' please post them when you can.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  272.0 KBseeing it dusted off thinking it is a 'Phoenix' all we have found out for sure is 1916 by the serial number.... have not found a model number yet

Blog Entries
    Ladies,"I hear that train a comin, comin down the track, it won't belong before the geese fly back" can you tell I am ina silly mood tonite.
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries

Waiting here to see if the geese fly in or out or alternate or ?

I see your mood and raise you two fat quarters.

A late flock comes in for a landing ........

Name:  MysteryB4.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  1.49 MB

Name:  MysteryA4.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  1.48 MB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Blog Entries

Wow !!!!!!!! pretty birdies

Oh just beautiful QuiltE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    If anyone has a collection of a specific "thing" let me know, I might have some that I could send.
    If you run across anything with pigs, I've got a funny little collection. Just let me know.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  272.0 KBseeing it dusted off thinking it is a 'Phoenix' all we have found out for sure is 1916 by the serial number.... have not found a model number yet
    What a beautiful piece of history... thank you for sharing it Sunliten. I would be a collector If I had the room.
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

Wow Quilt E you have a beautiful flock...
    Have an awesome day!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

Just in time to find their finally landing zone. Great work.

Blog Entries
    My geese are getting "antsy" as they get ready to take off. Are yours? It's getting really noisy with all the squawking!! Does anyone know when paintmejudy will post? Don't want to miss it!

Both blocks look great QuiltE. I like the star/border blue as part of a goose. Looks like the floral is floating around the block.

We're here, final leg of the journey!

The journey comes to an end today -- I see the station in the not-too-far-away distance. I hope you have enjoyed the trip as much as I have.

So, now sew your geese together and add them to your square as the directions and the pictures below show. Sew 4 geese together as shown in the picture. Make 4 of these strips. Sew 3-¼” squares to the end of two of the strips. Sew the 4-geese strips to two sides of the quilt square. Sew the longer pieces to the other sides, press well, and you are done Congratulations!!

So many ways to use your pretty square! I know you will all have your own ideas, but here are a few suggestions.

If you are making a square, add sashing and border or multiple borders to achieve the size you want. You can add multiple strips of border widths, or keep it at the 28” you have now. and quilt as desired.
    For those making a larger quilt, today is decision making day. Sew your blocks together with sashing or without, your choice, or sash and border after sewing the blocks together. If you have already sewn multiple blocks together, add sashing, perhaps then make enough geese to go around the outside. Use a setting block or three scattered evenly in the row if you need to space out the geese to fit the length of the quilt top.

This is my quilt -- my original plan was for a baby quilt, but it seemed a bit bright for a baby. So I made the one 28” square, some extra geese, and some 4 patch blocks. Mine is a child’s quilt about 40” x 56”.

BORDER SUGGESTIONS:
    Personally, I like sashing and multiple borders. One of my favorites was on a one-block wonder lap quilt, the other on a wall hanging I made. Shown below.
    Or another suggestion: make a bunch of 4-patch scrappy blocks, and put around the sashing.
    Your work has been so pretty and now I can’t wait to see all the beautiful completed pieces. Post them on this thread if you“d like, or put them in the pictures section to share with the QB.

It’s been so much fun doing this mystery and hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. We will take the mystery train again, beginning with the first posting on May 9th. It will be on a brand new thread, and will be titled A NEW MYSTERY QUILT TRAIN RIDE! Hop on-board anytime. Look for it in the Block of the Week and Month section. I will make the first posting about fabrics on that morning, and we start cutting on May 26th. Hope to see all of you in a few weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Looks great! Love the multiple borders with the accent!
    Sadiemae

Blog Entries
    wow ok ready to tame these geese ! Thank You Judy, this is great.....

will post when finished and see you on the 9th

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I'm not so happy with them as of now ... will see if I can get them flying in formation, so that I'm happier with the end result.
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

I'll be around on this thread, checking in to see how all of the quilt tops are coming along. Can't wait to see what everyone does with their squares.
    wow ok ready to tame these geese ! Thank You Judy, this is great.....

will post when finished and see you on the 9th

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Judy. Can't wait to finish mine. This has been my first mystery and I have really enjoyed it. Anxious to see how everyone finishes theirs.
    Diana

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 ... LastLast