Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Cajun's Flying Geese in Waiting!

Okay I've finally finished my Flying Geese. I have never had problems with these but somehow I did on these. Could be my mind was somewhere else; or I want the Flying Geese Rulers so might just be I want an excuse to buy them! lol

Like I really need new rulers! I have a 6-tier skirt hanger behind the door in my sewing room with all my rulers attached there! Went looking for the round belt hangers couldn't find them so thought hey this skirt hanger is great! It works for me at any rate.

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    QuiltE -several items like the witches and grim reaper make sounds. I even have a skeleton in a cage that screams things like "Help. Let me outta here. I was framed I tell ya. I was framed. I want the display to be fun and engaging, not frightening. I also put out a 7 foot tall, fully decorated, black tree.

And we give away full-sized chocolate bars. We are very popular.

AnngelAnne: I knew it would look great, and it does. Well done.

I started cutting my step 4 last night. Didn't get too far but still plan to have it done in time for the final leg of our train trip.
    You have so much fun!!! I miss the kids coming to the house, but they don't trick or treat here any longer. It is much safer for the kids, but I do miss seeing them.
    Sadiemae

Hey I have been following since the beginning of the thread, and I think this has been asked before, but I don't want to read through half the pages to find out. I am trying to post pictures and cannot figure out how to on this thread. I have posted pictures in the picture section before, but I can't seem to find out how to do it here!!!HELP!!!

Sadiemae,

I think the parents enjoy the display as much as the kids do, or more. 10-12 year old boys just LOOOVE the screaming witch mat. In our neighbourhood we see parents walking with their kids and watching from the curb. At our house, they come right up with the kids. A lot of times I hear the everyone oohing and aahing quite a bit before they ring the doorbell.

And quilte, it's one bar per kid or how would I end up with leftovers for myself? lol

I think I need to work on some geese after work.

You do it exactly the same here. When you post a reply "click on Go ADvanced". Just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KSellers View Post
    Hey I have been following since the beginning of the thread, and I think this has been asked before, but I don't want to read through half the pages to find out. I am trying to post pictures and cannot figure out how to on this thread. I have posted pictures in the picture section before, but I can't seem to find out how to do it here!!!HELP!!!

cajun: your geese are so colorful!!

I'm very excited. I will be quilting from Wed thru Sunday next week with 2 BFF quilting buddies at our "1st Private Quilt Retreat" (at my friend's condo in Lompoc, Central Coast of California). I plan to work on this Mystery Train, a quilt for my swap partner, and boomerang swap blocks. Hoping to get a lot accomplished!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries

Wow and you will be so close to Creation Station and their huge stock of quilting fabrics !!!

www.thecreationstation.com

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 04-12-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
    cajun: your geese are so colorful!!

I'm very excited. I will be quilting from Wed thru Sunday next week with 2 BFF quilting buddies at our "1st Private Quilt Retreat" (at my friend's condo in Lompoc, Central Coast of California). I plan to work on this Mystery Train, a quilt for my swap partner, and boomerang swap blocks. Hoping to get a lot accomplished!!
    I LOVE Lompoc!! I was raised in Santa Barbara and use to drive up to Lompoc alot. My nephew and his new bride bought a house in Lompoc and he has a business there, West Coast Pool & Spa. It is so beautiful there during the poppy season! I hope you all have lots of fun.
    SEW LUVD

Finally I figured out how to post these -- I hope anyways. I have had a great time following this mystery. Could that train swing through Spring Branch, Tx and pick me up?? It sounds like ya'll are having lots of fun and I'd like to join the fun.

Hurrah, Hurrah, here is step three, moving right along. Now those pesky geese are next. As I have never done geese before, this should prove to be interesting.

Blog Entries

K.Sellers welcome aboard, your block looks great. Come join us in the lounge for tons of snacks and we have One for the Money on DVD so we can back it up and play the funniest parts again.....Debbie Reynolds is Gramdma Mazur!

Anngelanne turning out great and the geese will work fine...re-read the tips part that judy wrote, just before you start them, and you will have perfect geese.

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    SaAnd quilte, it's one bar per kid or how would I end up with leftovers for myself? lol

I think I need to work on some geese after work.
    There's a simple solution .............. buy more!!
    BCS Mystery caught up last night .... geese tonight!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    *Wow and you will be so close to Creation Station and their huge stock of quilting fabrics !!!
    Yes we will!! In fact, I attend 3-4 "brown bag retreats" held at the Creation Station every year!!! The friend I am staying with is the "hostess with the mostest" for those retreats. She and I have been friends for more than 30 years. We decided since my bff from Redding and I couldn't get into the April brown bag retreat, we'd have a private one of our own!!! Hoping to hit both the Creation Station and the quilt shop in Orcutt on this trip for a bit of shopping, since we will be there more days than usual!!

So where are you from??

nursebonnie: I too love the Central Coast. I went to Cal Poly, as did my husband and our DD and SIL. We always wanted to retire up there---but now that granbabies are here don't want to be so far away, or in an area where it is costly to fly!!

Anngelanne and KSellers: love your Mystery Trains so far. I still need to finish step 2 and 3!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

paintme judy, some are not using the same fabric for the geese as the center star,that is what I am planning as I misjudged my fabric, I am going big, so for the outcome will that be pleasing or should I try and get more fabric?

Geese finished.
    Name:  PICT0035.JPG
Views: 269
Size:  56.8 KB

Paintmejudy, I'm planning to make a larger quilt for mine. I was wondering how are we going to put these blocks together? I guess the better question is do I need to make some adjustments now???

Finally got my flying geese done.
    Name:  DSC02400.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  185.5 KB

With the larger block. Excuse the pink board with concentric circles...it's what I use to block my doilies.
    Name:  DSC02401.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  176.1 KB

Materialgirl, It shouldn't be a problem to use whatever fabric you have. It will look great no matter which way you do your geese.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Works4Me ... Lookin' good! Hopefully my geese willl land tmro/Saturday! So, do you have Canuck Fever?
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Not sure what you mean about "adjustments".
    Quote Originally Posted by KSellers View Post
    Paintmejudy, I'm planning to make a larger quilt for mine. I was wondering how are we going to put these blocks together? I guess the better question is do I need to make some adjustments now???

Blog Entries
    Karen, my daughter went to Cal Poly too. I love SLO. she lived there for 6 years, even after she graduated she hated to move away. Now she lives outside of Seattle and I try to get up to see her a few times a year. I don't know what Grandma's did before the computer age! I hate being so far away but really love Skype.

Cajun, I love your colors, makes me hungry for sherbert Ice Cream!

My geese are still not flying, but should be ready for take off tomorrow... I am working on Halloween blocks for Wacky Swap. I love making these blocks!

And can you believe it we have More SNOW... where is spring?
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

paintmejudy
    I have only done one block so far, as I'm not sure if I should put a strip around all the blocks, or connect the block to another block's strip. I guess it might be one of those things that I just have to wait and see, as I'm not sure how the flying geese will fit in either. I understand your mystery quilt is just the small one, I just wondered if I could go ahead and work on my other blocks, or just wait. But when you post on Monday, if you have an idea on making it larger, could you please let us in on those ideas? Thanks -- this has been a very fun experience. Kathy

Blog Entries
    wow.....woke up to the sound of 'geese' flying over, circling around, honking, looking for a place to land I bet.

the train is taking on supplies in this beautiful snow topped mountain village.....just saw the baked goods being brought on board for breakfast...we are in for a treat !

sceanic ride for sure today, and tomarrow The Last Clue Will Be ours !

Blog Entries
    Can't wait for tomorrow. My geese have been very quiet like they know something is gonna happen soon. Hope they stay that way for awhile so I will meet you for breakfast .
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

All will be revealed on Monday! No hints today, sorry.

Sunlite and Wizard, and everyone, hope your geese will appreciate their destination. See you in the morning!

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast