Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1584

Thread: Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride!

Anngel, who have you made the quilts for? Family? All are beautiful.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    It's almost cocktail time. Have you tried St.Germaine with Proseco? Splash of citrus!
    I had to look up both. It souns delicious so I hope there's some left over for today.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Very pretty, Vicki. And glad you will join the gang on the next mystery train ride. It will be whole different journey.
    Ooooh goody! Another mystery train...can't wait to see the destination (although I still need to finish this ride!) Got off this train a bit ago for some surgery on my hand and allowing it to heal--stitches out today; started cutting yesterday, using my left arm to hold the rulers and worked pretty well.

works4me: I think it would make a great table runner!!
    AnngelAnne: love your quilts!! even the colors. I even made a quilt for my nephewurple& black!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Anngel, who have you made the quilts for? Family? All are beautiful.
    Thank you. I have been talking to someone in England for 12+ years and finally got a chance to meet them two years ago. It is almost like I now have extended family, wonderful people. In amongst them are three teenage 15-17 girls so I made the quilts for the girls. Some of the first I've done.

Blog Entries
    beautiful quilts AnngelAnne - lots of work and they turned out great !

This mystery train is really interesting, quilters are fun people..........have start date of the next mystery written in on my calendar.....IN INK !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    beautiful quilts AnngelAnne - lots of work and they turned out great !

This mystery train is really interesting, quilters are fun people..........have start date of the next mystery written in on my calendar.....IN INK !!!!
    Thanks, it was interesting getting the color combo right. You are too funny, written on the calendar already.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    GGal ... JeanieG does come up with some lovely combos! I think you and I should just go and steal from her stash!!!!
    Don't have much of a stash compared to most people! I could cringe now at all the fabric I tossed in the early days of quilting. Did not have a clue that all those small pieces could be used. It was not until I found Bonnie Hunter a few years ago that I found out how to keep and use all those small pieces.

Blog Entries
    Geese are finished and correctly sized (finally). No pic as still not confident with that, but am looking for some interesting company/snacks...maybe I'll meander through the train and see what's shakin'.

Blog Entries
    Anngel, those blacks and whites are wonderful. If you were closer I would raid your fabrics.

Ladies - 100 mini cupcakes, 2 double batches of banana bread and 2 pans of Danger Bars. I am almost done baking and I only licked the bowl once. Can't wait for next week and I can quilt again. My quilt came back from Darby - I won the free quilting and it is awesome.

Take care - happy quilting.

Way to go, coopah, we knew you could do it!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, paintmejudy! Looking forward to the next mystery.

Blog Entries
    I am back home from Son's, had a great visit now ready to start sewing in the am. Taught my 14 year old grand son how to sew. He was patient with me when I went over the basics, finally he said "Grandma, I only want to make a sock puppet, maybe some other day I will want to learn how to make a quilt"! I guess I got a bit ahead of myself!

So tomorrow the wild geese will be flying here.
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Don't have much of a stash compared to most people! I could cringe now at all the fabric I tossed in the early days of quilting. Did not have a clue that all those small pieces could be used. It was not until I found Bonnie Hunter a few years ago that I found out how to keep and use all those small pieces.
    And a great job you have been doing with all those pieces and your BH creations!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Quote Originally Posted by works4me View Post
    QuiltE - thanks. This makes Halloween wall quilt number 7, I think. No, we aren't called the Addams Family to my knowledge. Not that it would be a bad thing. People DO come from blocks away to watch me set up my outdoor display, though.
    We all do such nice work.
    Sure wish I was close by to be able to check it out. Do you have all the scary sound effects too? There's a couple of homes here that do similar at Halloween and Christmas ... and encourage donations to the Food Bank in appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Everose View Post
    Anngel, those blacks and whites are wonderful. If you were closer I would raid your fabrics.

Ladies - 100 mini cupcakes, 2 double batches of banana bread and 2 pans of Danger Bars. I am almost done baking and I only licked the bowl once. Can't wait for next week and I can quilt again. My quilt came back from Darby - I won the free quilting and it is awesome.

Take care - happy quilting.
    You can raid my stash if you wish, but those black and whites are all gone now, finished using them in that quilt and a string quilt after. Sorry. Your baking sounds wonderful, what is a danger bar?

Red face

Look at that, I managed to get step two done last night, now on to step three. I might have a chance to catch up here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Love your Fabrics Anngel.... Glad you've been able to hop on the train. Will look forward to seeing a post of your Step three.
    Have an awesome day!

Sure you can catch up & clue 3 is fun!
    Dotty in NYC

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
    Love your Fabrics Anngel.... Glad you've been able to hop on the train. Will look forward to seeing a post of your Step three.
    Thanks. I bet I take longer to put colors together than anyone I know. But I'm finally happy with this. And I am really glad I got on this train. Hoping I can do step three tonight after I get home from work. Time will tell.

QuiltE -several items like the witches and grim reaper make sounds. I even have a skeleton in a cage that screams things like "Help. Let me outta here. I was framed I tell ya. I was framed. I want the display to be fun and engaging, not frightening. I also put out a 7 foot tall, fully decorated, black tree.

And we give away full-sized chocolate bars. We are very popular.

AnngelAnne: I knew it would look great, and it does. Well done.

I started cutting my step 4 last night. Didn't get too far but still plan to have it done in time for the final leg of our train trip.

Blog Entries
    QuiltE -several items like the witches and grim reaper make sounds. I even have a skeleton in a cage that screams things like "Help. Let me outta here. I was framed I tell ya. I was framed. I want the display to be fun and engaging, not frightening. I also put out a 7 foot tall, fully decorated, black tree.

I started cutting my step 4 last night. Didn't get too far but still plan to have it done in time for the final leg of our train trip.
    Wow Full Bars of Chocolate... Im coming to your place for Halloween Night... Sounds like a REALLY FUN place to be.
    Have an awesome day!

OH too fun!!!! I love talkie-things ... and have a few, but for indoors. Of course, the cackling witch. And a black cat that screeches realistically like you stepped on its tail. He stays out all year, just for when I need something to change the pace when someone is here. OK, I confess I sometimes need it, myself, just for a laugh!! And lots of talkies for other season. The Easter Bunnies will go into their hiding spot this weekend.

I too give away full sized chocolate bars ... the later in the night, the more you get!

And me too, the geese will be done before Monday. I figure that I'm further north than most, so the geese are later coming home. (allthough truth be known, most don't bother flying south anymore, and stay here all winter)

Your quilt as a tabletopper is even nicer with those china pieces sitting atop!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 04-12-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Everyone is doing so great, can't wait to see your finished tops. Monday is right around the corner!

Blog Entries
    Marybeth.....sock puppet!! Very funny. He sounds like a good kid.

Blog Entries

glad to see all are sewing in steps and not 'neglecting ' the club car !

also glad the train stops at Hancocks of Paduauka (sp?) today .............big sale going on

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast