Hello All!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 AM

I'm more use to the hopping foot because you sort of need it when quilting on the frame - the quilt does not actually touch the bed of the machine except when the foot is down on it.

When using a floating foot, do you ever run into problems going over thicker seams? I also had to use an fully enclosed foot on my quilt with all the lace - the open toe kept catching on the openings in the lace, but I know that wouldn't be a normal concern with quilting.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
hehehe - for the FUN of it LOL!! especially since I do own a 15" Bailey set up on a king size Gracie frame in my Dining room where my table use to be.

But the challenge is seeing if I can come up with a hopping foot that will work with a top clamp attachment point - I typically use one of my Singer 15's for FMQ, for the little bit of that I do. I also use that as my bobbin winder for the Bailey as it also takes class 15 bobbins.

Since taking this picture my husband has made me a nice light systems that mounts over the top - put in 2 3' florescent fixtures so I have lots of light now. The Chandelier didn't quite do the job.

Cathy, WOW. How you find time to collect and care for all those machines, AND to sew such a project?!?! Amazing. I am truly in awe of you.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:50 AM

It's kind of amazing what you can do when you don't have TV. So many of my coworkers watch 2-3 hours of TV each night, and who knows how much on the weekend. We decided it wasn't worth the money to have satellite many years ago, and then when they changed the broadcasting, we live far enough out we can't get "free" TV without putting a large antenna on the roof - and I'm not going to do that. So now we use the TV to watch a movie once in a great while. Though I do spend too much time on the computer goofing off.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:37 PM

Cathy, I don't have tee-vee either. But still, I am drowning in my relatively few sewing machines.

So, please allow me to think you are Amazing. Okay? ;-)
Old 04-30-2014, 01:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
It's kind of amazing what you can do when you don't have TV. So many of my coworkers watch 2-3 hours of TV each night, and who knows how much on the weekend. We decided it wasn't worth the money to have satellite many years ago, and then when they changed the broadcasting, we live far enough out we can't get "free" TV without putting a large antenna on the roof - and I'm not going to do that. So now we use the TV to watch a movie once in a great while. Though I do spend too much time on the computer goofing off.
We couldn't afford a TV when we were college then we figured out it was a waste. Too much goof off on computer though. We've had video player at times or watch movies on the computer. I fall asleep and it gives me nightmares.

Last edited by miriam; 04-30-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:19 AM

I went for a long time without tv and am ready to dump it again. Yes, Macybaby, closed toe on lace. I occasionally need to lift up the darning foot on badly done seam lumps but I try to avoid making those. Guess what!?! I checked my tool & attachment drawer on my old Standard treadle and found a SPRINGY THINGY! I'm looking forward to trying it out. It looks like the second from the left in your picture but a little different. It's almost like an old fashioned conical whisk. The other attachments are just a bit taller than the New Home feet and even with loosening the presser foot tension, still press down too hard on the fabric. Always a treat talking with you all.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:41 PM

GreyQ, here's a link with a fantastic greyhound decal. http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/atq/4502639498.html
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	greyhound.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	479154