Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Seattle Top Things To Do Suggestions >

Seattle Top Things To Do Suggestions

Seattle Top Things To Do Suggestions

Old 07-04-2017, 05:33 AM

While at Pike Place Market there is a wonderful little quilt shop too. Think it is called Underground Quilts. At the market entrance of 1st Avenue and Pike Street, head South. It is about 1/4 block on right side.
The Chihuly Glass Museum is located below the Space Needle and worth the look.
I'd do a walk on ferry ride over a boat tour. You can drive to Ballard to walk into and view the locks in action.
Old 07-04-2017, 06:40 AM

I second the Underground tour. It was very interesting. The Chihuly glass gallery is a must see.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:01 AM

Watching them toss the fish is quite the entertainment, BUT, if you buy fish, go off to the side of the counter and tell them what you want and have them wrap it without throwing it. I worked in Seattle years ago and my boss was a third generation Norwegian/American fisherman and he told me throwing the fish bruises the meat. On the upside, they will ship fish to your home if you want to do that.
Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
Argosy Cruises will give you choice of several lake cruises and also the locks. You'll love the remodeled Pike Place Market, it just opened the new shops last week. Make sure to go to Pike Place Fish and watch them tossing the salmon. The Space Needle is pricey but if you eat in the restaurant I think you can still go up for free and if you like music you might want to check out Experience Music and take a ride on the Monorail. Enjoy you're visit in the Emerald City.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:09 AM
RJ

Pioneer Square--Pikes street Market---The Wheel--Seattle waterfront---ride the Monorail---Ballard Locks---Pt Defiance Zoo---Mariners Baseball game----always peoplewatching!! Enjoy
Old 07-05-2017, 04:43 AM

13 Coins restaurant near the airport on the way out of town is to die for! Seattle waterfront is great walking tour. I think the Aquarium is still there.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:09 AM

If you only choose a couple of places to visit you must, and I really mean must! visit Chilully Gardens. The glass sculptures are stunningly beautiful. My DH and I were there a few years ago and there is a room with a glass ceiling that is beyond anything you will ever experience. I promise you won't regret it.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:25 AM

Regardless of what you choose to do, be sure you have rain gear - at least an umbrella - and good walking shoes. Seattle is built on hills and some are rather steep. I recommend taking a wardrobe that you can layer. It can be cool and damp in the morning, warm midday, then cool and damp late afternoon and evening. It would be a rare day not to have grey skies and a mist most of the day. The home of Starbucks, Seattle is a coffee-over's heaven. Most of the time the smell of coffee overpowers the salt/fish smell of Puget Sound. If you like lighthouses there are many to see.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 AM

The Underground Tour, The Museum, Old Town. You should consider buying the City Pass. We have bought them and definitely found them to be worth it. Here's what's included in the price:

Adult $79
Child $59
4408 Reviews

Your CityPASS Includes

1 Space Needle
2 Seattle Aquarium
3 Argosy Cruises Harbor Tour
4 Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP) or Woodland Park Zoo
5 Chihuly Garden and Glass or Pacific Science Center

and here is the website: http://www.citypass.com/seattle#ym5Y0mf29xFd3qVK.99. Have fun. Don't forget to check out the restaurants and the original Starbucks at Pikes.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:51 AM
cjr

Air & Space Mueseum, Japanese American gardens (free),Pacific Fabrics near downtown