Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Computerized Featherweight >

Computerized Featherweight

Computerized Featherweight

Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 PM

The above comment is for Nanamoms, I can't seem to get this right tonight or should I say this morning (it's 2:25 AM). Maybe I should go to bed LOL
Old 06-24-2011, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by mile hi quilter
This machine is very cool, there is also a babylock audrey that is very similar, I've been looking at both, just can't decide, the audrey is available through a dealer, have seen a few on ebay, and this one I can just order on-line anytime... very spiffy to take to classes and traveling, keep us posted on how you like it..and have fun :)
I do llike your new machine - looks as though it will indeed be easy to carry to classes. I hope you have many happy years of stitching with it!

Re: Babylock Audrey - I have a small Babylock 9 for my lightweight (what?? No Featherweight??) travelling pal & I like how it stitches. It has a few decorative stitches, sews a very nice straight stitch, serves me well for away-from-home piecing and sewing. I also have a Babylock Quilter's Choice & do like the service I get locally for these machines.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by LindaaJR
Originally Posted by Val in IN
I have a 1949 Featherweight, a Brother, a 1962 Singer Touch and Sew, a computerized EuroPro, and a serger. I don't see why I wouldn't like this little Singer too. Looks like it might be a really nice little machine. I think sometimes we might get a little narrow minded about things. We're all different with different tastes and needs.
I have a 1962 Singer Golden Touch and Sew and love it. I still use it for allmy blind hem sewing. I know my other machines can do it but I am positive my golden touch and sew can do it perfectly. Take care.
Linda
Nice to hear positive things about the Golden Touch & Sew by Singer. I recently acquired 2 1968 Singer T & S - 1 for daughter & 1 for one of our sons. The kids plan to use them for mending, so they will not get heavy use. I cleaned them & did a 'test drive' - seem to sew well.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:18 AM

The Start/Stop button is one of my absolute favorite features about this machine. I use it for free-motion quilting, because I can't seem to get the hang of my hands and feet moving in tandem with each other. So I just set the speed control, press that button and I'm off and running! No need to be coordinated (LOL), I just concentrate on where my hands are moving the quilt.

It's also great for things like sewing long strips together. For that, you can set the machine at top speed and zip along after pressing the S/S button - no need to keep the "pedal to the metal" with your foot.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
The Start/Stop button is one of my absolute favorite features about this machine. I use it for free-motion quilting, because I can't seem to get the hang of my hands and feet moving in tandem with each other. So I just set the speed control, press that button and I'm off and running! No need to be coordinated (LOL), I just concentrate on where my hands are moving the quilt.

It's also great for things like sewing long strips together. For that, you can set the machine at top speed and zip along after pressing the S/S button - no need to keep the "pedal to the metal" with your foot.
I have to admit, that sounds like a great feature.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 AM

I can't tell you how much I love (and use) that feature. My "main" sewing machine has it (Singer Quantum L-500), as does my other little workhorse machine (Kenmore 16231). Don't think I could ever live without it again!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 AM

I just looked at it in Allbrands. It looks nice and sounds great for what you need it for
Old 06-25-2011, 10:32 AM
lue

I'm going to go to Joanne's to look at the machine. I wonder if you can use the 50% Off coupon for it (LOL).