Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Christmas Gifts That Make You Go...Hmmmmmm >

Christmas Gifts That Make You Go...Hmmmmmm

Christmas Gifts That Make You Go...Hmmmmmm

Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 PM

Early summer a lady that I work with & I helped a customer with her sewing machine. Customer couldn't something working, so the two of managed to get it working. She was so thankful that after she left she came back with a $15. gift card. A couple of weeks ago my fellow worker & I decided we would use it. We picked out what we wanted, had it seprated & proceeded to pay. There was only $3.24 balance on the card not the 15. Boy did that blow us apart. So much for that. We paid the difference....
Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 PM

I guess I am the guilty one of pulling pranks at Christmas!
I was blessed with a SIL that made most of her clothes. There was a certain knit top that she liked to wear. One year I managed to get a scrap of fabric that she was using to make a skirt and jacket for herself. I went to one of her favorite stores and purchased the knit top that she wore in the color matching the fabric sample I had gotten. She has been notorious for taking gifts back. When I found out she had taken the top back, I vowed that from then on I would only get her something she could not return. From then on for her birthday and Christmas she recieved stationary and stamps. I figured that she would feel a little silly taking the stamps back to the post office.
I also had a niece that was always bored with our Christmas with my parents. So one year My Dad and I took and $1.00 bills wrapped them around the tiniest drill bit we could find and then wrapped the dollar bill around it and then put it in a clear drinking straw and then cut the straw off at the length of the dollar bill. Mixed them with shredded paper and wrapped them loose in a big TV box. There were 50 of them and we would not let her quit until she found them.
Needless to say she never forgot that Christmas.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 AM

One year my brother & SIL stopped by on their way to SIL's sisters house for Christmas. I had crochet them an afghan for their Christmas gift. At that time they didn't have anything for us, witch was okay. But on their way back home, they stopped by again & gave us a box of flavored crackers. That would have been okay to, but it had someone else's name on it. I would have rather got nothing than a left over for someone that didn't show up at her sisters house. I think they even ended up giving the afghan to her sister for Christmas.