Summer 2017 I Spy Swap

Old 08-23-2017, 03:25 PM

Bonniekeller81 is my Mom. I believe she has a profile on here- you don't need to do anything with it though- she only does the I Spy Swaps and nothing else. Sorry I have not been paying attention to what is going on. Just got out of the hospital from having neck surgery. I hope all of ours were okay. I didn't really get time to check them over because of this. Can't wait to get them. As far as washing-that has always been optional and I never wash mine. Thanks for all your time and effort put into this rena
Old 08-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Bullock2us - sorry to hear you have had to have surgery! At least you have a quiet activity to do - petting all of your new charms! Heal quickly!

Rena
Old 08-23-2017, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I opened my fabric and noticed that some of the fabrics had not been washed. I went back and checked the rules and the rules don't mention washing. Is the washing requirement something we used to do or is that only my other swap group?

bkay
This group has traditionallly been for unwashed fabric - the word may have been omitted in editing for a recent swap. The Yahoo group uses washed fabric.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:57 PM

I wanted everyone to know I have tried to leave feedback on our swappers several different times and I keep getting error messages - guess I will have to contact one of the moderators. I don't know of anything I am doing differently, so....
Old 08-23-2017, 05:51 PM

I got my package today but haven't had time to look at them. It doesn't bother me to get duplicates because I can just use them in a different quilt. Thanks, Rena, for all the time you put into these swaps. I find things always take longer than it seems it should. To keep every thing straight on who sent what and then to package them up and send out, you are giving a good chunk of time for each swap. Everyone should be happy you are wiling to do this. Thanks again and I am looking forward to the next swap.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:17 PM

Something else I thought of. It is more important for me to have accurately cut squares and squares that have a complete image and not missing a head or important part of the image. Also, if after making a seam part of the image is missing, I am not a happy camper. I will take duplicate squares over miss cut squares any time.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:21 AM

I received my package last night, on the way to my quilt group. I was able to sneak a peek at a couple, and so far I am loving all the fun fabrics!

I have to work today, but taking them with me, so if there is some down time I can check them out and start to organize them (I do most of my charity quilting at work, I truly love my job). I can't wait to start putting them together!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:43 PM

I got my package today. Thanks everyone who sent such a great assortment of fabric. Big thanks to our hostess. Can't wait to get started on quilts for my 2 great grands for Christmas.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:41 PM

Got my package today-lots of fun fabrics! By no florals do you mean there should be no flowers at all on the print? Sometimes I will send some with like animals on them but they will have a few flowers on them.This was one was the best in a long time for not getting a lot of really thin fabrics. I think I only received a couple this time that were so thin they were not usuable. This is also the first time that I didn't receive any just florals. I thought it was a great swap- thanks so much! Thanks for doing such a great job Rena!
Old 08-26-2017, 10:57 AM

Hi ladies. I received my blocks yesterday! Love the fabrics!